Amidar

The readers post their own reviews.
Astrosmasher1

Amidar

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 4th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Amidar by Parker games

I have seen another review of this game andthought I would add my thoughts. Back in the first years of the 1980s few menwould even have considered that arcade games could come out on home systems. Wehad to play combat .... Then minds immeasurably superior to our regarded theAtari 2600 with envious eyes and slowly and surely they drew their plans tosupport it. I hope HG Wells will not mind my use of his copy for my own ends.

I remember I played this amazing gameAmidar in the local fast food emporium I was addicted to it.  Like so many games it was there for a week ortwo and then it was gone.  I loved thatgame.  So imagine my joy at learning thatit was coming to the Atari 2600 the super system!  Well back then it was, arcade style graphicsand tunes on your T.V. That year had some great titles coming from ParkerBrothers.  So when I finally got Amidar Iwas totally blown away.  The graphicswere not as good as the arcade but they top notch for the VCS.  I played it every night for a month until I beatit.  I loved that game so much.

I played it on Stella the other day and wowwas I in for a treat.  It’s a lot slowerthan I remember but the playability is still there.  As well as a wonderful nostalgia, it was likemeeting an ex-girlfriend who I had loved a long time before.  She still looked good and I remember the funwe had had before when we were young. Give this title a chance it still has great playability.  B+ for when it was first released B for now.

Return to “Reader Reviews”