Journey Escape

The readers post their own reviews.
Astrosmasher1

Journey Escape

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 4th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Back in the day and we are talking 32 yearsago I was a big Journey fan (still am). I remember Listen (a store when onecould purchase vinyl records) in Union Street in Glasgow had a job lot of thesedata age titles. It would have been either 1982 or 1983.  I pretty much bought them all. This could bethe first ever game based on a rock band. You think thriller was the first? Thisclassic was out years before that.

Basically the aim of the game seems to bebased the album cover of Escape. When I got this game home I was stone in lovewith it. I welcomed it with open arms and I say to you don’t stop believingthis is a great game. Okay so the game is a bit basic. You have to get from Ato B the screen scrolls up and down. You have to avoid groupies and otherobstructions, hey even the paparazzi make an appearance. You have to escape inthe escape vehicle and then it begins for another member of the band. The tunesare pretty good for the time and the graphics which share something in commonwith Cosmic Ark are great. Hey this is the 2600. Hell(ain’t a bad place to be?)it even plays a bit of don’t stop believing. 

Back in the day I was really stoked (as youAmerican’s would say) by this game. I can see my copy from where I am sitting.It played great and I went back to it again and again. Recently it was back inmy 7800 and I gave it a blast and fell in love with it all over again.

I know the critic hates this one but I begto differ, it’s great! Get this game for some loving touching and squeezing,cos anyway you want it I was raised on radio. I wonder if I can get a few moreJourney song titles in... Hmmm

A for the 80s C+ for now.

Astrosmasher1

Journey Escape

Postby Astrosmasher1 » October 5th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Not sure what has happened to the formatting... weird...

Leo1

Journey Escape

Postby Leo1 » October 5th, 2011, 11:25 pm

I inserted spacing where it looked like you meant for the paragraphs to be. Hope that helps.

-Leo

Jake

Journey Escape

Postby Jake » October 17th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Nice review...

This is a game, which is pretty fun.. but a bit too easy... I rolled the score,
the key is just always lookout for the tour bus and your game goes and goes. It could use somethin' extra I think, but one of the better efforts for Data Age, I think.

Graphics are pretty good, sound is passable, and gameplay too.

N64Dude1

Journey Escape

Postby N64Dude1 » November 3rd, 2011, 1:16 pm

I'm nominating this one for the next round,brilliant work Astrosmasher.

Great counter,the sentiment adds a lot to it,yet it isn't too long either.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Journey Escape

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 5th, 2011, 11:59 am

I just promoted this to the review pages. 

I agree that this review has a lot of heart.  The author not only describes the game, but how he felt while playing it.  Well done.

PSX1

Journey Escape

Postby PSX1 » November 6th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Great review, and I fully agree with the C+ score.  I always thought the Critic was a bit harsh on this one.  It may just be the nostalgia talking, but I still find this game enjoyable today, in short spurts at least.

Astrosmasher1

Journey Escape

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 9th, 2011, 12:20 pm

thanks a lot to everyone....

this has made my day....

Return to “Reader Reviews”