Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (3DS)

The readers post their own reviews.
Blueguy1

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (3DS)

Postby Blueguy1 » November 15th, 2011, 9:31 pm

On my 18th birthday, I received this game and Pilotwings Resort along with a brand new Cosmo Black 3DS, a handheld I've been waiting to own for months! Anyways, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition has clocked the most hours on my 3DS (about 15 hours total according to the 3DS records list), and there's good reason behind that. 

This beast of a game not only features an excellent use of the 3D effect, but also includes a slick dynamic camera angle. I prefer using this over the default 2D camera because the 3D effect is better demonstrated and I can look at more of the background scenery. As for gameplay, it's simple and really fun. The touch screen controls are innovative and excellent, and the normal controls are crisp and responsive. It's really satisfying to pull off a super/ultra combo on your enemy, and the sound effects only make these even more satisfying. There's also a huge amount of characters and stages to kick ass with, but my favorite happens to be Zangief because of his seismic toss attack. My favorite stager is the volcano one because of its fascinating background scenery. The music is excellent as well, although the voices are annoying.

It doesn't really get any better than this for portable fighters. In fact, even as a port of the 360 and PS3 versions, it could take a while for any game to beat SSFIV3D's greatness as the best fighter on a portable system. If you own a 3DS, this is pretty much a must have.

Final Grade: A

Return to “Reader Reviews”