Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

The readers post their own reviews.
Greisha1

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Greisha1 » January 25th, 2012, 10:37 pm

[QUOTE=stephen]
Nintendo should be ASHAMED for this game.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the game was developed by Square. But I guess that's splitting hairs.

porypowerhour

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby porypowerhour » January 26th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Obvious troll.

Jake

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Jake » January 26th, 2012, 3:39 pm

[QUOTE=MoonMetropolis] "Quick movements"?  You don't NEED quick movements.  All of the combat is turn-based, and, unless you absolutely suck, the game shouldn't be very difficult except for the last boss. If you think this game is too hard, you're obviously just horrible at video games in general and shouldn't be playing classic games like this. 
[/QUOTE]

This is actually how I feel about the game E.T. on Atari 2600... if a player has a manual there's no reason to call it the one of the worst games every made... *cough* it is on youtube, anyway... grrr! 

I never heard of or played Mario RPG... so I can't agree or disagree??!

Fingers dripping ink

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Fingers dripping ink » January 26th, 2012, 4:39 pm

From the Genesis vs. SNES thread:
[QUOTE=stephen]

Overall I can't say I like RPG's

[/QUOTE]

Stephen,
This isn't a review. You don't like RPG's and you don't like the SNES. We get it.

If you're going to review a game, then review it. If not, troll somewhere else.

Ink

PSX1

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby PSX1 » January 26th, 2012, 10:51 pm

[QUOTE=Stephen]I bet if this game didn't have the mario license, it would be forgotten![/QUOTE]

Stephen, I think your review is completely off base and displays your complete lack of understanding of the traditional mechanics of a RPG with turn-based battles.  ....That being said, I completely agree with your quote here.  Remove Mario from Super Mario RPG and I don't think we'd still be talking about it much today.  As an RPG it is pretty simplistic and by-the-book.  It does not do anything poorly, but it also doesn't blow you away like a Final Fantasy game either.  What makes it a classic game that people have fond memories of is the fact that it incorporated beloved Mario characters into a Square-developed RPG world.  I enjoy the game a lot (I'm actually playing through it now on the Wii VC), but without Mario I don't think we'd remember it much.  For that reason, I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it "unquestionably one of the greatest games ever made", as Moon did... I'm more inclined to agree with oldschoolgamer's take on it.

Stephen

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Stephen » January 27th, 2012, 1:02 am

For the last time, I LIKE the SNES, but I don't like this game. RPG's can be fun (shining force and dragon warrior come to mind) but the SNES just wasntup to this task. The SNES has it's share of good games (Super Double Dragon, Donkey Kong County 2), but also has its share of BAD games (yoshis island, super bonk), namely games that try to look good, (star fox, stunt race fx, doom, this game). After you read this, go play some shining force!

Oltobaz1

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Oltobaz1 » January 27th, 2012, 7:19 am

Your comments in the Genesis vs SNES thread didn't show any love for the SNES. You must be good at hiding it. So, Yoshi's Island is a bad game now?
What's next? A link to the Past is overrated, Super Ghouls'n Ghost looks inferior
to Ghouls'nGhost on the Mega Drive? What else do you have in store?
Seriously, stop trolling.

N64Dude1

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby N64Dude1 » January 27th, 2012, 9:52 am

Oooh pick me,pick me,........ I've got one

AND THE NEXT TROLLED GAME IS,.....*drumroll* SUPER MARIO KART

What's the game that should be better than it on the Genny you say? I dunno probably none whatsoever,not that it matters since clearly other than those two token games (one of which does in fact actually suck),the SNES sucks.

stephen

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby stephen » January 27th, 2012, 11:59 am

Link to the past is EASILY one of the best games of all time. Super gouls and ghosts was fun, not quite as good as the genesis game, but good. Mario kart however IS overrated, mode 7 isn't a big deal. Still, mario kart is of A- status. The SNES port of Shaq fu was better than the genesis game though

Silver_Fox1

Super Mario RPG/SNES/D-

Postby Silver_Fox1 » January 27th, 2012, 12:54 pm

[QUOTE=stephen]The SNES port of Shaq fu was better than the genesis game though[/QUOTE] Congratulations on making me have a good laugh. I see what he is trying to do here. Let's compare the ports of Rise Of The Robots and Last Action Hero...

Return to “Reader Reviews”