Blasphemy: Dark ending/Nintendo DS/ A+

The readers post their own reviews.
Mike1

Postby Mike1 » January 28th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Who's ready for non-stop hack and slash action?

I found this game just recently at a local gaming store, and was surprised. The game starts with an excellent intro, looks impressive for the Nintendo DS system. The in-game graphics aren't as good, but the game play is dead on and addictive. In the first stage, you pull a catapult to a fort and blast the entrance open, and then it starts. The game has an engine that brings God of War (PlayStation 2, 2005) to mind. Although this game is faster, and with most hack and slash games, that means better! The play control is the best I've experienced for a while. You can use the X and A buttons to use your two "slices", and depending on how you hold the D-Pad (or analog stick if you play the game on the Nintendo 3DS) you can perform MASSIVE combos, and the box proclaims "up to 350 slices per enemy", and I wouldn't doubt it. You have the L and R buttons to perform "side slices" as mentioned on the back of the box. The game is definitely the goriest game on the Nintendo DS, with limbs flying EVERYWHERE. Luckily, the blood can be toned down, or shut off anytime during the game. Yeah you heard me, you can pause and change ANY SETTINGS. It comes in handy if your stuck on a boss, just turn down the difficulty a notch. The attacks are more satisfying than any I've ever experienced. And when you perform deadly attacks, like the held spinal kick, it zooms the camera in and has a loud "cracking" noise. There are several weapons avail, including a broadsword, lightning blade, power star, and the best of the bunch, Kenneth's katana. This powerful force allows you to hear bones "snap" upon collision. And your practically invisible against the 5th boss (Mind Ninja). Along the way you'll find secret passageways across the HUGE landscape. I am serious, this is the longest DS game I've played for a while. It took me 4 weeks to finish, and this was the only game I was dedicated to playing all the way through. With perfect combat, insanely satifieng action, and huge landscaped, this game should already have an A+, but wait, there's MORE, did you hear me? There's MMMOOOOORRRRRREEEEEE! There is a handy "slash away" mode, making the bottom screen the main play feild, making the stylus a treat to use. This mode gives you even MORE control then the other modes. And thanks to the games included attachment, you can clip and extra D-Pad on the X, Y, B, and A buttons. this way lefty's (like me) have total control. This is probably the best way to play the game, because you can hack away at higher speeds. The only  drawback if that the L button serves as the jump button, while the R button does your spinal kicks. The kicks require you to hold the kick button down, and swipe the stylus to perform the different kicks. At first it's incredibly awkward, but after a while, you'll be performing numerous combos left and right, with a final held spinal kick to end your enemies. Other modes include the fun "arcade mode", where your confined to one area on the single screen. Hacking away at 15 enemies at once is a real satfieng time. The co-op mode is a pleasent surprise, since you can have your freind pop in any time to help you. Lots of fun and hard to beat, this game will always leave you satisfied.

Mike1

Postby Mike1 » January 28th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Typo, the mode is called "HACK away"

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » January 28th, 2012, 8:15 pm

I did a google search for this game and nothing came up. What gives?

Stephen

Postby Stephen » January 29th, 2012, 1:02 pm

There are a few possibilities.

The game is rare.

Homebrew, not licensed by nintendo.

Pirated version of another game

The game isnt real

a1

Postby a1 » January 29th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Yes, a google search for this game only brought up this forum. 

Reading the review, this does not sound like a real game. I've never heard of any d-pad attachment for the DS, nor have I heard of any game that sounds remotely like this for DS. Do you have pictures or a video to show us?

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » January 30th, 2012, 3:22 am

It's not showing up on Gamefly, either. Are you trolling, Mike? If so, this is a pretty odd trolling attempt.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » February 23rd, 2012, 12:13 pm

I also googled what Mike said was on the back of the box, the phrase, "Up to 350 slices per enemy!" and it brought me back here.

Do you guys remember The Mad Blogger?  He did some weird stuff here that ended up being self-promotion for his website.  I'm wondering if Mike is hyping a game he created or something.  I'll play it, dude!

Or maybe he lives in an alternate dimension where this game actually exists on the DS and for some reason he can still access the internet in our dimension...  How's the weather in Blargon 7, Mike?

Mike1

Postby Mike1 » February 25th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Bingo, JWK. This review was to post hype to my new project. I never thought anyone would figure out. Good job, be aware, this new project could hit at any moment!

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 9th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Don't do drugs kids.

LoganRuckman

Re: Blasphemy: Dark ending/Nintendo DS/ A+

Postby LoganRuckman » April 12th, 2015, 6:48 pm

So it looks like this game never came to be, as this is still the only result. Anyways, this review is funny ae hell.

Return to “Reader Reviews”