2012/8/2: Super Nintendo: Castlevania Dracula X, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Adamant1

2012/8/2: Super Nintendo: Castlevania Dracula X, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues

Postby Adamant1 » August 4th, 2012, 10:38 am

I have Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues for the Gameboy - it's completely different from the SNES game, and while it's somewhat generic, it's a pretty decent game. Give it a try if you just want an uncomplicated game where you shoot dinosaurs in the face.

Fingersdrippingink1

Postby Fingersdrippingink1 » August 4th, 2012, 4:33 pm

I really like both Jurassic Park games for the SNES. Don't get me wrong, they're completely different games, but they're both good. The first one does have a fatal flaw - and that's the lack of a save option or password. Otherwise, it's a neat little Zelda clone with dinosaurs and early 3-D segments. Are those segments great? Not now, but for the day they were.
The Chaos Continues is hard as nails but it's also a good one player game. I don't know why you slammed the intro - it's got some great voicework for an SNES cart and it looks good too.

Jake_JacobZu7zu71

Postby Jake_JacobZu7zu71 » August 17th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Going into this, I was expecting Jurassic Park for SNES to get around B or A...
LOL, I was way off, ... I thought it wasn't too bad a game when I first played it. Music was cool, and the gameplay held my interest before I had to return it to the rental store.

I'm kinda surprised by the F or by the FLOP icon, did this game flop in the day?

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » August 17th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Really? I consider Dracula X to be superior in every way to Castlevania 4, mainly because unlike Castlevania 4 it actually has a CHALLENGE. Seriously, I beat Castlevania 4 first time through without any continues. Dracula X however has a decent challenge. Maybe it's because I like the classic control scheme better.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » August 18th, 2012, 12:22 pm

[QUOTE=steephen]Really? I consider Dracula X to be superior in every way to Castlevania 4, mainly because unlike Castlevania 4 it actually has a CHALLENGE. Seriously, I beat Castlevania 4 first time through without any continues. Dracula X however has a decent challenge. Maybe it's because I like the classic control scheme better.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania 4 hits the nail on the head atmosphere wise. It's dark, gloomy, and foreboding. Not a big challenge though. I felt that Dracula X didn't control as well ( I was really disappointed with the absense of 4's whip controls), and was pretty boring atmosphere wise. It's where Castlevania slipped into anime-dom.

Return to “Review Feedback”