DOOM Review Special

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

DOOM Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 9th, 2013, 7:03 pm

What did you guys think about the new DOOM review special?

rift1

DOOM Review Special

Postby rift1 » January 9th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Very nice read, but I don't think you make clear enough what is different about Final Doom on ps1 from regular Doom on ps1 and why their letter grades are so different.  

Marriott_Guy1

DOOM Review Special

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » January 9th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I don't know about any other people, but the font colors and inconsistency is difficult to read for me.  Specifically, the blue game title is hard to see and the alternating yellow/white text is confusing a bit (might want to make them just one color).  Overall I love the article, but the formatting could use a bit of adjusting IMHO.  I may be in the minority on this, but I hope this feedback helps out.

Terry

soporj1

DOOM Review Special

Postby soporj1 » January 9th, 2013, 8:38 pm

The blue on red color scheme is doom to my eyes!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

DOOM Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 9th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Yeah, the blue looked fine on my Mac, but now that I've viewing it on my laptop, it doesn't look so good.  I'll do something about it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

DOOM Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 9th, 2013, 9:36 pm

I fixed the colors (removed the blue) and fixed some missing images.

Rev1

DOOM Review Special

Postby Rev1 » January 9th, 2013, 11:24 pm

I enjoyed this a lot, liked the additional notes you added to the reviews of the games. It made the article worth reading despite reading all the other reviews before. Thanks!

PSX1

DOOM Review Special

Postby PSX1 » January 10th, 2013, 5:12 am

Great read.  Although I knew that the console versions of Doom were vastly inferior to the PC in their graphics and audio, I never knew that there were also other significant changes made in the console ports.  I was especially surprised to see the large number of maps omitted from some versions.  Always learning something new. Thanks Critic and Martin for putting this together.

stika1

DOOM Review Special

Postby stika1 » January 10th, 2013, 9:54 am

the snes version has some repeated text:

"The SNES version isn't actually built on the Doom engine (all other console versions of Doom were built off the Doom engine); apparently the developers developed the port without ID's knowledge and submitted it to them. The SNES version contains 22/27 levels of Doom 1. It only features front facing bad guys. Because it isn't built on the Doom engine, it does feature a few game play differences to the original game, including the shotgun behaving like a rifle, the removal of monster infighting and considerably more powerful rockets. It also lacks several sound effects."

"However the port only features front facing bad guys and has no floor textures or lighting variation."

"Because it isn't built on the Doom engine, it also feature a few game play differences to the original game, including the shotgun behaving like a rifle, the removal of monster infighting and considerably more powerful rockets. "

these were taken from three different paragraphs

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

DOOM Review Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 10th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback stika.

Martin revised a few paragraphs which should fix some of the things you mentioned.

Return to “Review Feedback”