2013/3/5: NES: Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Cataclysm1

Postby Cataclysm1 » March 8th, 2013, 12:13 am

Critic, you have to play the games to review them. For Mega Man 3, you say Capcom got lazy. Why is Snake Man's stage 'repetitive'? You don't say, you just go on. (I always enjoyed the giant snakes. And a poster above me mentioned the music.)  You say a special weapon is needed to kill the giant cats in Top Man's stage which simply isn't true.The disappearing blocks in Magnet Man's stage are easy. No mention of the Doc Robot stages because the Critic didn't even make it that far. Were you able to kill any of the robot masters?

One of the reasons why Mega Man 3 is liked is because the Robot Masters aren't just elements repackaged (fire, earth, wind water) as we see in Mega Man 2, 4, 5, and 6.

And then the Critic praises Mega Man 6 which was finished and published by Nintendo! Because Plant Man and Yamato Man are clearly inspired! You don't even mention BEAT from Mega Man 5 or the multiple paths of Mega Man 6. It's clear you're hardly bothering to play the games.

So why, then, should we bother to read the reviews?

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » March 8th, 2013, 12:54 am

[QUOTE=nesfan] That's my second favorite song on the NES, right behind Castlevania II's Bloody Tears.

[/QUOTE]

Ooh, good call.  I am always torn between that and the original Castlevania theme, not to mention a handful of Sunsoft tracks, especially Journey to Silius level 2...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6sjYt6EJVw[/video]

Ruudos1

Postby Ruudos1 » March 8th, 2013, 7:25 am

[QUOTE=Cataclysm]

Critic, you have to play the games to review them. For Mega Man 3, you say Capcom got lazy. Why is Snake Man's stage 'repetitive'? You don't say, you just go on. (I always enjoyed the giant snakes. And a poster above me mentioned the music.)  You say a special weapon is needed to kill the giant cats in Top Man's stage which simply isn't true.The disappearing blocks in Magnet Man's stage are easy. No mention of the Doc Robot stages because the Critic didn't even make it that far. Were you able to kill any of the robot masters?

One of the reasons why Mega Man 3 is liked is because the Robot Masters aren't just elements repackaged (fire, earth, wind water) as we see in Mega Man 2, 4, 5, and 6.

And then the Critic praises Mega Man 6 which was finished and published by Nintendo! Because Plant Man and Yamato Man are clearly inspired! You don't even mention BEAT from Mega Man 5 or the multiple paths of Mega Man 6. It's clear you're hardly bothering to play the games.

So why, then, should we bother to read the reviews?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » March 8th, 2013, 5:55 pm

When you mention how the series continued past these 6 NES games, you didn't mention all the platforms. Mega Man 9 and 10 also came out on the Wii and Playstation 3. They're not Xbox Live Arcade exclusives.

Return to “Review Feedback”