2013/4/18: Xbox 360: AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Rage, Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2013/4/18: Xbox 360: AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Rage, Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 18th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Here are some new Xbox 360 reviews.  Rage is very much overrated.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » April 18th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Another fellow Smashing Pumpkins fan, and I totally agree that "Zero" is a fantastic song, off their best album Mellon Collie. Even better is when you're playing it (or any other heavy Pumpkins song pretty much) on stereo or on your headphones. Damn they were ahead of their time in the 90's world of Alternative Rock.

I wanna see some of their other gems on Rock Band games, like "Silverf**k", "Where Boys Fear to Tread", "XYU", or one of the greatest drumming tracks of all time, "Geek USA". I would imagine playing the last one on drums would be a very difficult experience. 

Edward1

Postby Edward1 » April 18th, 2013, 10:46 pm

I agree, Rage is overrated.  I bought it for about 7 bucks, and feel ripped off.   Its just BORING!  Walking around in the levels, I get lost because every room in the game looks the same.  I agree with what you said.  If you want this kind of experience, go with either Borderlands for the fast pace action, or Fallout for the open ended RPG.   Rage tries its hand at both angles and succeeds at nothing.   Problem the only thing I liked in this game was the Doom guy bobble head in the first vehicle.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 19th, 2013, 12:28 am

I definitely have to disagree with you on Rage, I thought it was a kickass game, I found the fights to be very fun, they really kept you on your toes and forced you to make good use of your items, I liked the whole "build-it-yourself" aspect, it was neat to be able to build your own health kits and whatnot, and yes I did like talking to other characters and doing quests for them.  I wasn't bored in the least, I think it succeeded very well at being both open-ended and action packed, I actually liked Rage better then the first Borderlands games.

Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » April 19th, 2013, 10:54 pm

After playing Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas I was looking for more. I had hoped Rage would fit the bill, but it did not. Some of the fights were fun, but that's the best I can say about the game. The game tried to appear open-ended with treasure to collect, but was rather linear with items that all looked dull. When I found out how I could upgrade my dunebuggy by competing in races I got bored quick. The driving was ok, but there didn't feel like there was much to drive too or see. The dunebuggy combat was ok too, but didn't win me over either. The interactions with the people were boring. They either had you do something or they were pointless. Try killing them and you realize how limited this game is. Like I wrote the gun combat was the best part of the game. 

What really turned me off was when I found the sewers. I'd been looking for something else to do besides the main mission & couldn't find anything. I finally find the sewers & some d-bag tells me that its DLC. My xbox 360 has never been online so theres no way this game got updated online. This in-game advertisement was programmed right on the disc. I wouldn't have minded as much if this game had tons of stuff to do & that this was just one minor thing in the game, but its not like that at all. Instead theres very little to do in this game & this DLC sticks out like a sore thumb.

All in all I agree with the Critic's grade. It's not awful & gets some things done right, but is really quite shallow. I'd give it a D.

BTW: if there were still reader reviews on this site, what do you think of this post as a review?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » April 19th, 2013, 11:52 pm

I wouldn't call it shallow, I guess I liked it more because I played it before I played Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » April 20th, 2013, 12:04 am

I agree, ACDC trackpack comes across as shallow. I was REALLY HOPING for a killer lineup of songs. Instead, I got songs from an album I ALREADY OWN! AC/DC Live, with songs MISSING. Darn dude, they could have done more. It would have been AWESOME if they threw in some songs from If you want blood you've got it (got it on vinyl still), but no, Bon Scott just couldn't make it (son of a B|†€‡!). Next time Harmonix, make a STUDIO AC/DC game!

GaemzDood1

Postby GaemzDood1 » April 28th, 2013, 7:57 pm

In your Rage review, you referred to Fallout 3 as a regular FPS at the end of it. To correct you, Fallout 3 is actually a full blown RPG that just so happens to be in the 1st person.

GaemzDood1

Postby GaemzDood1 » April 28th, 2013, 7:59 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]I definitely have to disagree with you on Rage, I thought it was a kickass game, I found the fights to be very fun, they really kept you on your toes and forced you to make good use of your items, I liked the whole "build-it-yourself" aspect, it was neat to be able to build your own health kits and whatnot, and yes I did like talking to other characters and doing quests for them.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this 100%. That said, my issue with the game was the fact that regenerating health sort of took the meaning out of building health kits.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » April 29th, 2013, 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]I definitely have to disagree with you on Rage, I thought it was a kickass game, I found the fights to be very fun, they really kept you on your toes and forced you to make good use of your items, I liked the whole "build-it-yourself" aspect, it was neat to be able to build your own health kits and whatnot, and yes I did like talking to other characters and doing quests for them.  I wasn't bored in the least, I think it succeeded very well at being both open-ended and action packed, I actually liked Rage better then the first Borderlands games.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see that myself and Darkrage 6 agree on this game.

Return to “Review Feedback”