2013/12/6: Wii U: Duck Tales Remastered, Super Mario 3D World

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » January 18th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Why the heck would anyone take reviews so seriously that they would get upset/offended? Reviews are a reviewer's opinion. Simple as that. Since everyone has a different opinion it is very unlikely you would ever find a single reviewer with your exact taste in reviews. Get over it and write your own if it's such a big deal.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » January 18th, 2014, 8:37 pm

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]

Is Splash one of those teeny boppers who thinks that they're immediately more mature for playing games with mature themes? "But by then I grew up". That's funny. Some of the worst games I've ever played have mature themes. Some of the best have kids themes.

[/QUOTE]

It's not the whimsy in Mario. Actually, I rather prefer my games to have a more whimsical tone to them than an overall serious tone.

As for being offended. You say reviewers are all different, yet they're almost all the same. Or so it feels like it. I see perfect scores for all the games I don't like from just about everyone. It's hard to not feel depressed when you feel like you absolutely have to like a game, because the only games you ever hear bad things about are every game you like. In fact, I can't think of many games I really dislike that I don't feel like the absolute only person who dislikes it. Not to mention you feel bad for liking games every time someone bashes something you like, and it feels like the only games which are sacred are ones I dislike.

So in short, it's hard not to feel offended. Why do I have to be alone?

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » April 12th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Ducktales was half off on eshop so I got it.

Essentially they changed it form an arcade game to a story game. The original game the challenge was to beat it in one nice setting, collecting as much money as you can. In this new game, by contrast, there is no penalty for dying what so ever, and of course - the endless cut scenes. At least I have the updated version, which lets you skip them, I would not have been able to tolerate the early build that made you suffer through them. And they are always triggered by and for the most trivial things.....and this is from someone who likes the cartoon, but this is too much.

Its still fun though, I guess it just feels watered down. The game looks great, and the pogo stick is right on. The map is nice too, even though the levels are pretty simple.=, really.

I would recommend it, for the money. It is a 'C' game, to me.

Cream1471

Postby Cream1471 » April 15th, 2014, 6:59 pm

[QUOTE=Splash]
I'm not attacking Mario for not being more like Devil May Cry, I'm attacking it for being shallow, having annoyingly tedious and slow-paced gameplay with no real hook to its gameplay, and also really crappy bossfights.[/QUOTE]

I do not find Mario to be shallow, tedious, slow-paced, lacking a hook, or having exclusively bad boss-fights (though there are some of these). Give me an example of a 3D platformer you like and why it's better than Mario, and then maybe I'll understand what your taste is and why you might have this opinion.

I've played an awful lot of 3D platformers over the years and I would rank at least the top 3 of them as being all Mario games, with SM3DW coming in 3rd. It's not a character thing - I was never a Nintendo or Mario fan growing up. Super Mario Galaxy was a game that won me over to Mario as the king of 3D platforming because it simply oozed quality.

(In 2D platformers there's a lot more competition with Mario, both from within Nintendo but also from outside Nintendo with the recent Rayman games and the classic Sonic titles for example. I like 2D Mario games, but I think it would be very fair to say they need a change-up.)

Return to “Review Feedback”