2014/1/5: Playstation Vita: Killzone: Mercenary, Little Deviants

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 5th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Here are two new Vita reviews for you to chew on.  As usual I look forward to your feedback.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » January 5th, 2014, 1:12 pm

It's sad that so many mini-game titles get the whole concept wrong. Mini-games should be easy to pick up and addicting. Even if the rest of the game is flawed beyond belief, that would really help the title. Little Deviants just looks terrible. Still, nice to see some new Vita reviews. Still, waiting for your next Turbo/PC Engine reviews.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » January 5th, 2014, 1:33 pm

I'll definitely be getting Killzone for the Vita, just finished Golden Abyss and loved it, and Mercenary looks pretty damn good.  Though I actually can't think of that many modern shooters which have "auto-aim".

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » January 5th, 2014, 8:05 pm

I suspect that Killzone and Uncharted will be finding their way to the PS3 down the road like the Ubisoft Assassin's Creed release is doing. So even if I owned a Vita at this time, I think I'd be playing the waiting game on those two titles.

[QUOTE=darkrage6]I actually can't think of that many modern shooters which have "auto-aim".
[/QUOTE]

Most any console shooter has a bit of aiming assistance to compensate for control drawbacks. Another common tactic is to make the hit box a bit bigger than it actually should be to also aid players. 

bronZfonZ1

Postby bronZfonZ1 » January 5th, 2014, 10:17 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

Though I actually can't think of that many modern shooters which have "auto-aim".

[/QUOTE]

The question should be "Are there any modern shooters that don't have assisted-aim?"

Aiming with dual analog sticks would be utter trash without any type of aiming assistance.  Pretty much every FPS and TPS from the last three console generations has assisted aim.

If you're looking for a modern shooter that has a real-time option of auto-aiming, below are a few from my personal experience:

The 3D GTAs starting from GTA III
Ratchet and Clank series
Uncharted series
Metroid Prime 1 and 2

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 6th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Auto-aim is pretty much the norm in all the Call of Duty games.

Atariboy

Re: 2014/1/5: Playstation Vita: Killzone: Mercenary, Little Deviants

Postby Atariboy » March 25th, 2017, 6:37 am

Been playing through Killzone finally and thought I'd check out the review now that I have a few hours under my belt with it. Contrary to the complaint in the review, you're now able to save in Killzone: Mercenary during the middle of a level, thanks to the patch that added in PSTV support.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... tv-support

Doesn't change the fact that it apparently shipped without such a crucial feature, but handy to have it available if you're playing it and aren't adverse to downloading the patch (Which if you're a PSTV owner, you have to grab anyways to enable compatibility).
Last edited by Atariboy on April 3rd, 2017, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GTS

Re: 2014/1/5: Playstation Vita: Killzone: Mercenary, Little Deviants

Postby GTS » March 25th, 2017, 7:50 am

Mercenary still has full online multiplayer matches. I played Warzone for a couple of hours yesterday.

Return to “Review Feedback”