7/29/2006: Playstation 2: Capcom Fighting Evolution, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Austn

7/29/2006: Playstation 2: Capcom Fighting Evolution, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Postby Austn » July 30th, 2006, 11:44 pm

For sonic mega collection plus, it is possible to get rid of the black border. just click the right analog stick and it goes away

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 30th, 2006, 11:48 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

"Zangeif is one of the Street Fighter 2 representatives, yet he's generally regarded as the least popular fighter of that series"

You are insane. He's my best character by far and I'm dam good at the game. If he's unpopular, why was he on the cover of Street Fighter Alpha 3 by himself?

Vinnie

[/QUOTE]

Because capcom knows what gamers want, soviet men with huge beards in red speedos.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » August 1st, 2006, 12:17 am

[QUOTE=a]

I really hated how only the worst Sonic Game Gear games were included. Why didn't you mention how slippery the characters were in Sonic Blast? I couldn't even play for more than a minute before slipping into a hole. Sonic 2 and Sonic Triple Trouble (the only playable Game Gear Sonics) were put on Sonic Gems, forcing me to buy a crappy compilation.

[/QUOTE]

Well, he probably didn't mention the flaws of the Game Gear Sonics in the Mega Colection Plus review because the games could be done more critical justice by reviewing them on their own (in the Game Gear section) and not in a compilation review.  And speaking of Sonic Gems, will we get a review of that soon?

Oh, and by the way, a, you forgot to mention Tails' Adventure with the good Game Gear Sonics (I think it's the best Game Gear game ever made). 

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 1st, 2006, 11:52 am

[QUOTE]  

Oh, and by the way, a, you forgot to mention Tails' Adventure with the good Game Gear Sonics (I think it's the best Game Gear game ever made). 

[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree, far better than any of those blur-tacular sonic games.

a1

Postby a1 » August 1st, 2006, 7:53 pm

[QUOTE=Michael D][QUOTE=a]

Well, he probably didn't mention the flaws of the Game Gear Sonics in the Mega Colection Plus review because the games could be done more critical justice by reviewing them on their own (in the Game Gear section) and not in a compilation review. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow! I didn't even know he had a Game Gear section. I thought the only portables he had reviews for were PSP and DS. Thanks for informing me on that.

a1

Postby a1 » August 1st, 2006, 7:56 pm

Wait a second here Michael D. After looking at your post I went to check out those Sonic reviews in the Game Gear section, and they weren't there. Given the fact that he only reviewed two of them so far, I think he should have at least mentioned whether the games were good or bad. He did that in other compilation reviews.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » August 2nd, 2006, 12:16 am

Good point about the letter grades for the individual games in some of the compliation reviews.  Also, note that I said they could be done more justice with their own reviews, not that they had been put through their paces already. 

Gabe

Postby Gabe » August 2nd, 2006, 8:01 pm

besides the contradictory zangief statements already mentioned, your alpha 2 comment regarding the complicated super meter sounds like you never discovered the whole custom combo system which was introduced in A2.  you never mention it in the review, and then in the alpha 3 portion you talk about how the different izm's are too much, when they contain nothing new to the series but are essentially alpha 1 mode, alpha 2 mode, and easy mode. 

Return to “Review Feedback”