7/29/2006: Playstation 2: Capcom Fighting Evolution, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

7/29/2006: Playstation 2: Capcom Fighting Evolution, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 29th, 2006, 6:47 pm

A little explanation is needed for these.

While reviewing a pile of 2D fighters, I reviewed Capcom Evolution again without realizing I already reviewed it last year!  Fortunately, both reviews were almost the same, so I merged them to form this new, improved version.

As for Sonic Mega Collection Plus, this is really inferior to the GameCube version.  Of course, if you want the best possible Sonic action, you really need a Genesis.

Lastly, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology is really a stand-out fighter and I'd highly recommend it.

Okay, now it's your turn.
Dave

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » July 29th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Woah. I was just a little surprised that the Playstation 2 Sonic collection came across as being so poor. When I first saw it in stores I sort of took to a Gamecube-underdog mentality. "Darn it... they make a Sonic collection for Gamecube then turn around and make one with even more stuff for the Playstation." (I own a Gamecube; no PS2 or XBOX) As it turned out, though, the Sonic Mega Collection Plus wasn't so great. Ha ha... The things I expect and the way they actually turn out...

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » July 29th, 2006, 7:03 pm

For the Sonic collection, I can't unlock the Comix Zone game. I have a Sonic Heroes save and even had the game on for quite sometime. Was anybody else able to unlock the game on the PS2 version.

a1

Postby a1 » July 29th, 2006, 7:15 pm

I really hated how only the worst Sonic Game Gear games were included. Why didn't you mention how slippery the characters were in Sonic Blast? I couldn't even play for more than a minute before slipping into a hole. Sonic 2 and Sonic Triple Trouble (the only playable Game Gear Sonics) were put on Sonic Gems, forcing me to buy a crappy compilation.

Superjay

Postby Superjay » July 30th, 2006, 9:53 am

I'm happy I have my Genesis hooked up so any time I want to play the real sonic games I can.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » July 30th, 2006, 10:03 am

i havent played the ps2 version, but the xbox version did have excellent emulation on par with the cube original.

Dennis

Postby Dennis » July 30th, 2006, 12:26 pm

It's pretty funny how you describe Zangief as an "old favorite" in one of the reviews, but call him the least popular SFII fighter in another...

a1

Postby a1 » July 30th, 2006, 2:56 pm

[QUOTE=Chris Marsh]

For the Sonic collection, I can't unlock the Comix Zone game. I have a Sonic Heroes save and even had the game on for quite sometime. Was anybody else able to unlock the game on the PS2 version.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't unlock right when the game turns on. You have to go to the games section, and then you'll unlock it. Maybe try going to games then going back, then going to games again if you already tried that. I never had trouble with it.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » July 30th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Street fighter 15th getting a B+ but Alpha got an A- makes NO sense at all.  Sf2 and Sf3> all those games put togther.  Hell lets face it sf3> any other  fighter.  Capcom evolution was such a bummer though.  I can't be the only one who noticed that some of those sprites look a lot worse in evolution.  I booted up vampire hunter and felicias old spirite not even her savior one looks a LOT better.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » July 30th, 2006, 9:01 pm

"Zangeif is one of the Street Fighter 2 representatives, yet he's generally regarded as the least popular fighter of that series"

You are insane. He's my best character by far and I'm dam good at the game. If he's unpopular, why was he on the cover of Street Fighter Alpha 3 by himself?

Vinnie

Return to “Review Feedback”