Does the VGC dislike the great nation of Uzbekistan?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Splash1

Postby Splash1 » January 22nd, 2014, 4:28 pm

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]We don't think you're insane. We just don't know if you're trolling, or just really stupid. [rofl][/QUOTE]

Neither. I'm dead serious and I know what I'm talking about. The fact that you treat it as an absurdity just shows you're likely guilty of the same bias that I see constantly.

[QUOTE=gleebergloben][QUOTE=Splash]All because I've noticed a serious trend that people refuse to take seriously, THIS happens? And you think I'm insane?[/QUOTE]

Aw come on Mig, you have to admit this thread is pretty darn funny.

JWK, nice one Centurion, like it, like it.[/QUOTE]

Who?

[QUOTE=Josh]Is Splash the one and only MigAlley? Wow. Whatever happened to AlienBlue - is he still around and kicking?

Man, I've been on these forums for a long time . . . kind of makes feels old.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm "Not Available."

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » January 22nd, 2014, 4:54 pm

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by N64Dude
I have to admit I'd throw my lot in with Splash right now on a normal day,because random stuff like this just ain't funny on it's own.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Splash
Neither. I'm dead serious and I know what I'm talking about. The fact that you treat it as an absurdity just shows you're likely guilty of the same bias that I see constantly.[/QUOTE]

You think I'm not dead serious about fair and proper treatment of Uzbekistan?!  I'm serious as a heart attack, brother!  The fact that you think this thread and my post was a joke is offensive to me.  It's obvious that you spout your pro-anthropomorphic/furry crap to hide how much you hate Uzbekistan!!!  It's a serious and growing problem and I'm trying to make a difference.

sixam1

Postby sixam1 » January 22nd, 2014, 5:03 pm

There is a good reason why The Video Game Critic has avoided reviewing video games related to Uzbekistan. He knows how controversial video games are in Uzbekistan.

http://www.rferl.org/content/uzbekistan-computer-gaming-culture-film-river-song/24770835.html

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » January 22nd, 2014, 5:04 pm

First off, I said nothing about being pro-furry/anthro or that people have to like games with them, just that I noticed a trend involving games with non-humans in them. Second, this topic IS a joke. I have nothing against Uzbekistan or anything, but it's obvious this topic is just designed to be offensive. Third, how many people actually know anything about Uzbekistan. It wouldn't be biased that no games reference the place, it just doesn't come up. Non-human characters, on the other hand, are more controversial than you'd think, and I could easily see how a large group of people would have bias against particular games.

And if you think I'm wrong, then name 5 franchises that you NEVER see hate for that star non-human characters. I'd really like to see you list a few if you seriously think I'm wrong. And I don't mean things that are so obscure next to no one's heard anything about them, preferably things that are at least somewhat recognizable.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » January 22nd, 2014, 5:10 pm

Fantastic stuff, right there.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » January 22nd, 2014, 5:27 pm

I was just trying to ask a question. Why the **** can't anyone see that, maybe, I do actually have a point? Plus, can't we at least debate rationally about things instead of being jerks about it and stooping to the level of kindergarteners just because you think someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

I've tried to be nice the past few weeks, but now you guys are acting like immature brats who think it's still fun to bully people you deem aren't worthy of respect. And all because you refuse to see any truth in what I said. If you're going to disagree, how about instead of being a *****-bag about it, you explain rationally why you don't think what I've noticed actually exists. Also, list at least one franchise staring non-humans you NEVER see hate for.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » January 22nd, 2014, 6:49 pm

U S A! U S A! U S A!

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » January 22nd, 2014, 9:08 pm

I think this thread is funny and illustrates a good point.  If you come to a large website with a perceived belief, you can always find something to support your claim.  Usually, this is someone who comes in with the preconceived notion that the site is biased against a gaming company.  You see a lot of it on Gametrailers, "This site is biased against Nintendo" or "This site hates Sony."  

If you take a bowl of minestrone soup, and tell people that it's actually carrot soup, you can make a compelling argument by spooning all the carrots out and showing them to everyone.  The next person can then come in and say that it is actually pea soup, then spoon all the peas out and show everyone.

The point is, when you come to any site with a large volume of reviews, you'll be able to prove any point you want to make, even the bizarre animal versus human claim.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » January 22nd, 2014, 10:45 pm

@Splash: What's to debate about it,the whole thing's clearly a joke. The worst thing about is bandwidth space, it's not of any of harm to anyone here.

@JWK: No, no it isn't. It's just an attempt to cross-the-line twice or maybe destroy the line just 'cuz,it serves no real point.

All I know is I've got nothing to do with this thread anymore

Return to “Review Feedback”