2600 Game needs another look - Marauder (Grade F)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » August 28th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Now I think about it, I also think you were really harsh on Rage (Xbox 360, D) and The Orange Box (Xbox 360, C+). But that's just because I loved those games [smile].

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 28th, 2014, 2:16 pm

[QUOTE=Captain_Crunch]Now I think about it, I also think you were really harsh on Rage (Xbox 360, D) and The Orange Box (Xbox 360, C+). But that's just because I loved those games [smile].[/QUOTE]

Wow--this just reminded me of the C+ Orange Box review. That's absolutely A+ territory for me: best compilation of games ever released.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 28th, 2014, 2:29 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=Captain_Crunch]Now I think about it, I also think you were really harsh on Rage (Xbox 360, D) and The Orange Box (Xbox 360, C+). But that's just because I loved those games [smile].[/QUOTE] Wow--this just reminded me of the C+ Orange Box review. That's absolutely A+ territory for me: best compilation of games ever released.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we need to make another thread about this.  I personally think either Portal OR TF2, all alone, would be worth an A+ 

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » August 28th, 2014, 7:52 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=Captain_Crunch]Now I think about it, I also think you were really harsh on Rage (Xbox 360, D) and The Orange Box (Xbox 360, C+). But that's just because I loved those games [smile].[/QUOTE] Wow--this just reminded me of the C+ Orange Box review. That's absolutely A+ territory for me: best compilation of games ever released.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the framerate in the Orange Box was terrible.  I don't know what was wrong with it; but, it wasn't silky smooth like most FPSes on the 360.  I normally plow through all FPSes when I try them but couldn't muster my way through it.  C is right on at least in my humble opinion.  The + is for all the extra content you get with it.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 28th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Hmm. Perhaps I should replay it and see. I do remember a surprising lack of AA but not framerate issues. It may be the motion blur that was making the Critic's head spin, come to think of it.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » August 28th, 2014, 8:55 pm

I personally didn't think that the frame rate was horrible, but I'm glad someone else noticed it.

It has kind of bugged me since it was released that everyone seemingly couldn't look past all the content that was included and gave it a free-ride despite the frame rate, where as Half-Life 2 saw an excellent conversion on the original Xbox that pushed the system to its limits and did justice to the source material, yet had similar frame rate issues that most people focused on and couldn't look past.

Glad I didn't get the Playstation 3 release. Apparently it was outsourced and didn't translate very well, ending up as one of the worst performers among the early multiplatform releases on the PS3 (back when they were often inferior to their 360 counterparts).

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » August 28th, 2014, 10:07 pm

I think his C rating was way off, I didn't notice any frame rate issues whatsoever.

Rage also definitely needs another look(the critic admitted he was in a bad mood when he played it, which definitely contributed to the low rating)

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 28th, 2014, 11:00 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]I personally didn't think that the frame rate was horrible, but I'm glad someone else noticed it.

It has bugged since it released that everyone seemingly couldn't look past all the content that was included and gave it a free-ride despite the frame rate, where as Half-Life 2 saw an excellent conversion on the original Xbox that pushed the system to its limits and did justice to the source material, yet had similar frame rate issues that most people focused on and couldn't look past.

Glad I didn't get the Playstation 3 release. Apparently it was outsourced and didn't translate very well, ending up as one of the worst performers among the early multiplatform releases on the PS3 (back when they were often inferior to their 360 counterparts).[/QUOTE]

Oh, the PS3 version is absolutely horrible--I have firsthand experience with those load times.

crimefighter1

Postby crimefighter1 » September 2nd, 2014, 11:23 pm

I thought the F grade for Star Fox Adventures was a bit ridiculous.  Just because you expected a space shooter (yeah everyone was wanting it to be like Star Fox 64) doesn't mean this game was bad.  Average review scores were at a B grade level, and I would give it a B+.

Return to “Review Feedback”