8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Zenzerotron

8/8/2006: Nintendo DS: Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Super Black Bass Fishing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, True Swing Golf

Postby Zenzerotron » August 9th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Atarifever...........I suggest you hunt down Mr Do!, available on SNES and Atari 2600. Myself, Tourian, and Alienblue all agree.......it's the Dig-Dug clone that's BETTER then Dig-dug.

At least, give it an emulation try eh?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 9th, 2006, 6:34 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Like Shawn said the PSP, 360, PS2 and PC have certainly not had dry spells recently.

[/QUOTE]
If this isn't a dry spell for those platforms too, then I certainly am glad I don't have them.  If the trickle the 360 is recieveing is an indication of a steady stream, I'll have to revise my opinion of it.  I thought it'd be a good investment too.  Sad.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » August 9th, 2006, 9:00 pm

You are SO wrong. The DS has a terrible droubt going. I don't think the 360 has had a ton of games, I'll give you that, but to say EVERY other system is in a dry spell is insane. I don't know about the PS2 (I haven't followed it that closely) but the PSP hasn't. It is so bad for the DS that IGN didn't even give it a "game of the month" award for July. Why? Because it had like 4 games released in that month and they were all crap. Don't get me wrong, I like the DS a bunch but other the SMB there hasn't been a thing that grabs my attention. Like I said though, with the holiday season and the Wii I am sure there will be quality games out for it soon. I just hope that this disasterous 3rd party support for the DS isn't a sign of things to come.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 9th, 2006, 9:19 pm

You know shawn if you had bothered to actually read the posts above you would understand no one said the ds had anything good coming out.  And now you yourself admit nothing is out on the 360, and you don't follow the ps2.  So lets take a stap at the psp shall we?  We have gradius collection and tekken, what else looks worth playing on the psp?  Not much, like I said all the good stuff comes out later this year.  So do us all a favor and give it a rest.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » August 9th, 2006, 9:42 pm

I love how Saturn jumps on everybody's posts. Anyway, the fact is simple, the DS's library has been pathetic this year save for a few games. I own a PS2 but I have been concentrating on the 360 and the PSP. I will say that GRAW, LOTR, Table Tennis and Dead Rising absolutely destroy the garbage that has come out for the DS over the last few months (save Mario). As far as the PSP I have been playing Field Commander, Miami Vice, Loco Roco Demo (the demo alone is better then most of the recent DS titles), Valkryie Leneth, Tomb Raider, Race Driver 2006, etc, etc. Should I continue? Because I can. Ya know what? Last year when I bought my PSP I was pissed b/c the games absolutely sucked (except for Ridge Racer) and I was ready to throw it in the trash. But now, especially with the upcoming games the system is awesome. Why can't you Fanboys just be men (or women) and accept the fact that the quality games for the DS have been few and far between and that the system is going to struggle to get proper 3rd party support.  That doesn't mean it isn't going to change b/c I am sure it will. For what it is worth I really enjoy my DS but there is only so much mileage I can get out of Mario and Metroid Pinball. This just proves my point. You can't say a single thing bad about Nintendo on this site w/o the fanboys jumping all over you. I think I will just stick to checking out the reviews. This part of the site blows.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 9th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Shawn you are insane, truly insane.  Apperently you just see what you want, NOBODY has said ANYTHING contrary to what you said earlier about the DS not having good games now.  Really not one person, yet somehow we are all "nintendo fanboys" for reasons I can't truly figure out.  I've said all summer the DS has had nothing worth playing.  I'm real sick of dealing with you calling everyone a fan boy nonsense.  Nobody here is, or at least not a nintendo one.  YOU ARE the one that turned this into a psp Vs. DS debate not anyone else.   So cut the crap.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 9th, 2006, 10:22 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

Shawn you are insane, truly insane.  Apperently you just see what you want, NOBODY has said ANYTHING contrary to what you said earlier about the DS not having good games now.  Really not one person, yet somehow we are all "nintendo fanboys" for reasons I can't truly figure out.  I've said all summer the DS has had nothing worth playing.  I'm real sick of dealing with you calling everyone a fan boy nonsense.  Nobody here is, or at least not a nintendo one.  YOU ARE the one that turned this into a psp Vs. DS debate not anyone else.   So cut the crap.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have to agree with SSX on this one Shawn.  No one is defending the DS.  In fact SSX said it was in a dry spell and that Hot Shots was awesome.  Somehow the "VGC site is full of Nintendo fanboys" hive mind that exists here is going to remember this as another example of a Nintendo biased thread.  Never mind it was in response to negative reviews of DS games.  Never mind that everyone's favorite example of a Nintendo fanboy (SSX) actually said the DS was in a dry spell and that a PSP was great.  Never mind that NOTHING has been said to challange the belief that the DS hasn't had a good game in awhile.  Nope, this is already integrated into the single consciousness that seems to allow four or five people here to continue to claim there is a bias here that doesn't &*^%$#@* exist!  Because honestly, there must be something otherworldly going on to convince so many sane people of the reality of a fantasy.

a1

Postby a1 » August 10th, 2006, 12:18 am

"This part of the site blows."

Then don't visit it. That would make you and everyone else very happy.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » August 10th, 2006, 12:32 am

Upcomg sequals to Yoshi's Island, Legend Of Zelda, and Castlevania are coming to the DS in the next few months. I'd hardly call this a dryspell or bad luck. These 3 games will keep me happy&busy for countless hours.

I personally don't mind the "dry spell" the DS is experiencing right now, I'm concentrating on saving up money for the 3 games I just mentioned.

Face it.........this time of year, all systems have "dry spells". Publishers wait to release all the really cool stuff in fall&xmas season.

And also..........what's so freaking great being released for PSP right now?? More PS2 ports with hideous load times??

I hope nobody makes the argument that the PSP is releasing all this great stuff and the DS dryspell is such a big thing.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » August 10th, 2006, 8:08 am

I would hardly call Table Tennis, Prey, Chromehounds, Battle for Middle Earth, Moto GP 06 and Dead Rising all coming out over the past two months a drought.  All of those games are meant to be very good or excellent.

Then there is the fact that the 360 has been receiving classic games (like Dig Dug and that fishing port game) ONCE PER WEEK!!!!

So over the past two months you can add Street Fighter 2, Cloning Clyde and Pac Man to that list of awesome games.

Yeah such a drought.

Return to “Review Feedback”