8/18/2006: Game Boy: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Sonic Pinball Party, Star Wars: The New Droid Army

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
idunnowhy

8/18/2006: Game Boy: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Sonic Pinball Party, Star Wars: The New Droid Army

Postby idunnowhy » August 19th, 2006, 9:26 pm

i can't remember but i think the critic liked Spinball.  Ive played it a few times, but it was too frustrating for me.  Not really a big pinball fan in general, come to think of it...

Michael D

Postby Michael D » August 20th, 2006, 12:15 am

[QUOTE=idunnowhy]

i can't remember but i think the critic liked Spinball.  Ive played it a few times, but it was too frustrating for me.  Not really a big pinball fan in general, come to think of it...

[/QUOTE]

Well, I really liked Sonic Spinball back in the day, and Critic gave it a good score, I think.  As far as character involved pinball games go, I also really liked Pokemon Pinball on the Game Boy Color.  Critic should give that one a look (especially since it goes for less than $5 used at EB/Gamestop).

McTom

Postby McTom » August 20th, 2006, 3:16 am

[QUOTE=a]Am I the only person in the world who likes Sonic Spinball? (not pinball party, I'm going back a bit here)
[/QUOTE]

no, you're not the only person. I liked Sonic Spinball too. Though I could never pass the second stage.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2006, 9:31 am

[QUOTE=a]

Am I the only person in the world who likes Sonic Spinball? (not pinball party, I'm going back a bit here)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like Sonic Spinball (Genesis).  I thought it was programmed a bit sloppily (compared to the other Sonic games), but it's still fun.

a1

Postby a1 » August 20th, 2006, 11:26 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic][QUOTE=a]

Am I the only person in the world who likes Sonic Spinball? (not pinball party, I'm going back a bit here)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like Sonic Spinball (Genesis).  I thought it was programmed a bit sloppily (compared to the other Sonic games), but it's still fun.
[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that about it. Somehow running around on foot feels kind of weird.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 21st, 2006, 1:54 am

[QUOTE=a]

[/QUOTE]

It isn't bad but devils crush mops the floor with it.  Potc seems like a good game to pick up on the cheap, I'm always up for a good side scroller.  And cheap is good after the wallet rape I'm going through with these damn imports.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » August 21st, 2006, 3:17 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Let's hear what you have to say about my latest reviews![/QUOTE]

I know your pain on trying to find Sonic Pinball Party.  I hate combo packs, so I avoided those, and over time just couldn't seem to find an original copy of it in the States.  I eventually bought a copy signed by the creator off of eBay from a seller in the UK.  I especially needed it because I am writing a feature for another gaming website on the various video pinball sims and video-game/pinball meldings.  I can't judge what I don't own.

Once I receive my copy of SPP, I'll tell you if I agree with your summary.

Austin

Postby Austin » August 21st, 2006, 5:08 pm

thanks or the rwview on dead man's chest. i was wondering if i should buy it. i wil now

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » September 8th, 2006, 5:38 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Let's hear what you have to say about my latest reviews![/QUOTE]

Once I receive my copy of SPP, I'll tell you if I agree with your summary.

[/QUOTE]

I finally got my copy of "Sonic Pinball Party".  I agree mostly with your score, though I might have given it a C- instead.  One thing I think is a glaring omission in your review is that there are only two tables.  After playing through the story stage with Sonic, I was able to unlock a third table called "Samba de Amiga".  I am not sure if you were able to get far along in your play to unlock this table before being bored, but it didn't take much to unlock it -- just a successful completion of the first table in the story mode.  You might want to go into the game again and unlock that table to update your review.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 8th, 2006, 7:11 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]

After playing through the story stage with Sonic, I was able to unlock a third table called "Samba de Amiga".  I am not sure if you were able to get far along in your play to unlock this table before being bored, but it didn't take much to unlock it -- just a successful completion of the first table in the story mode.  You might want to go into the game again and unlock that table to update your review.

[/QUOTE]

A Samba De Amigo table?!  Is it too late to give that game an A+???
Seriously though, thanks for the info.  I'll update the review.
Dave

Return to “Review Feedback”