Destination Earthstar (NES) review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
goldenband1

Destination Earthstar (NES) review

Postby goldenband1 » November 24th, 2012, 11:51 pm

First post, and so I should start out by thanking the VGC for this great resource.  I don't always agree with him (he couldn't be more wrong about Gain Ground ) but his reviews are invariably helpful and informative.  He almost never praises a bad game, and sometimes his negative reviews actually help me identify games I'll be interested in.

That said, I noticed something strange in the Destination Earthstar (NES) review: there's no mention at all of the game's side-scrolling levels.  The review makes it sound like it's only a retread of Star Voyager (not to mention Star Raiders), but the side-scrolling levels add another dimension which elevates the game a bit.  Perhaps it's time to revisit this one?

Speaking of Star Raiders-style games, I'm looking forward to a VGC review of Blockade Runner for Intellivision someday.  I actually like Sewer Sam (the other Interphase game for Intellivision), but Blockade Runner's a tough nut to crack and takes a long time to figure out.  But it can be mastered...

Return to “Review Feedback”