White text on black background hurts eyes PLEASE CHANGE

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
snesvision1

Postby snesvision1 » October 31st, 2014, 3:05 pm

I love reading your reviews. However, the white text on top of the black background really puts a lot of stress on my eyes. This is really annoying and stops me from reading more than one review at a time. After doing some Googling on this topic, I found that I'm not the only one who has problems with this color/contrast combo - the majority of people do - our eyes naturally prefer black text on a white background.

PLEASE PLEASE change this. I beg you...

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 31st, 2014, 3:23 pm

Hey there SNESVISION, this was a complaint that the Critic got many years ago.  Being the nice dude that he is, he went ahead and made the change for people that wanted it!

When you click on a review scroll all the way to the top of the page.  On the top righthand side you will see a capital letter T that is half white and half black.  Click on that to alter the review text!

snesvision1

Postby snesvision1 » October 31st, 2014, 4:22 pm

Sooooo much better. Thanks.

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » November 1st, 2014, 9:36 am

I'm just the opposite.  The black background is easy on my eyes.  When I switch it to white it feels like I'm staring at a headlight.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » November 1st, 2014, 12:13 pm

yea thank goodness for these buttons. I like the white text but if enough people had a problem he might have permanently changed it. The buttons were a smart fix.

Return to “Review Feedback”