2015/4/24: Jaguar: NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Atariboy

Re: 2015/4/24: Jaguar: NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Postby Atariboy » April 30th, 2015, 11:59 pm

I'm no expert on this franchise, but I believe it was just a secret mode in its various arcade forms and other home ports.

It may look better in motion, but seeing it in still screenshots has always discouraged me from seeking out what otherwise may be one of the highlights of the library.

jon

Postby jon » May 1st, 2015, 4:17 pm

Maybe they made the heads big because the players are smaller than other versions. Maybe with normal sized heads they would've looked too small. I don't like it either, would rather it stay as a secret code. But, I like that the players are smaller and that should open up the court space. I had 2 gripes about the SNES version. I didn't like that there was no music. And it bugged me that the players were too big, there wasn't enough room. And it seems like this Jag version takes care of those issues. Apparently the 32x version has big heads too.

Maks

Postby Maks » May 25th, 2015, 5:34 pm

The arcade version had a "big head mode" that was a hidden/secret mode, IIRC the head sizes were insanely scaled, way more so than what you see in the Jag version. Despite its limitations, I thought the SNES port was great, but the Jag is probably the definitive home console version. I've got the 32X version, but as mentioned, the turbo layout is far less than ideal.

Sut

Postby Sut » May 26th, 2015, 4:58 pm

[quote="Maks]I've got the 32X version, but as mentioned, the turbo layout is far less than ideal.[/quote]

I was looking at getting the 32x version as it's one of the cheaper games on a increasingly expensive system to collect for (especially here In PAL land).

Does the 6 button pad not alleviate the 'turbo' issue ? If it doesn't then that's some lazy ass programming.

Maks

Postby Maks » May 26th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Sut wrote:[quote="Maks]I've got the 32X version, but as mentioned, the turbo layout is far less than ideal.[/quote]

I was looking at getting the 32x version as it's one of the cheaper games on a increasingly expensive system to collect for (especially here In PAL land).

Does the 6 button pad not alleviate the 'turbo' issue ? If it doesn't then that's some lazy ass programming.[/quote]

Turbo is still the B button in the 32X version.

Return to “Review Feedback”