Page 2 of 2

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 19th, 2016, 4:05 pm
by Verm3
Rev wrote:Well it depends on whether Microsoft made it worth their while. Did they announce what the company received for making the game a timed exclusive?


To look at this the other way; If I am remembering correctly, Microsoft helped fund development and as a result, may well receive money for every copy of the game sold, no matter what platform it's sold on.

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 19th, 2016, 6:38 pm
by Rev
Verm3 wrote:
Rev wrote:Well it depends on whether Microsoft made it worth their while. Did they announce what the company received for making the game a timed exclusive?


To look at this the other way; If I am remembering correctly, Microsoft helped fund development and as a result, may well receive money for every copy of the game sold, no matter what platform it's sold on.


Ahh, thank you. That makes sense.

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 19th, 2016, 6:52 pm
by Shapur
Sonicx9 wrote:Fun Fact, even though PG13 movies make way more money than R rated Movies, but for Video Games, it is the opposite as their are more M rated games that sell more then T rated games, here is an example of this from this Forbes Article for Arkham Knight: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... e914f116bd


I guess if stores enforced the rating the way theaters do we'd see more T games. It is strange how parents never seem to think twice about buying M games for their kids, but would never buy a graphic movie for them on DVD.

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 22nd, 2016, 11:02 pm
by ptdebate
VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm starting to wonder if the game's M rating hurt its sales. I hear sales for Rise of the Tomb Raider are falling short of expectations.


Tomb Raider 2013 had an "M" rating as well. I'm not sure why that would affect sales.

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 23rd, 2016, 5:24 pm
by Sonicx9
ptdebate wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm starting to wonder if the game's M rating hurt its sales. I hear sales for Rise of the Tomb Raider are falling short of expectations.


Tomb Raider 2013 had an "M" rating as well. I'm not sure why that would affect sales.


It is not 100% true if the M rating did have affect sales, but according to sources it did not sell as well as hoped.: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... pectations

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: January 23rd, 2016, 6:02 pm
by eneuman96
I think a big reason for RotTR's low sales is the fact that it released on the same day as Fallout 4. That's almost like releasing your film on the same day as Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Re: 2016/1/16: Xbox One: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Posted: September 14th, 2017, 7:29 pm
by Sonicx9
Shapur wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Fun Fact, even though PG13 movies make way more money than R rated Movies, but for Video Games, it is the opposite as their are more M rated games that sell more then T rated games, here is an example of this from this Forbes Article for Arkham Knight: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... e914f116bd


I guess if stores enforced the rating the way theaters do we'd see more T games. It is strange how parents never seem to think twice about buying M games for their kids, but would never buy a graphic movie for them on DVD.

Rather late, but odd indeed?