2016/2/27: Genesis: Clue, Death and Return of Superman, The, Toy Story

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/2/27: Genesis: Clue, Death and Return of Superman, The, Toy Story

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 27th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Let me know what you think about my latest set of Genesis reviews.

Rookie1

Re: 2016/2/27: Genesis: Clue, Death and Return of Superman, The, Toy Story

Postby Rookie1 » February 27th, 2016, 8:33 pm

I was playing that Super Man game not to long ago. I dont think I could even pass the first level. Its pretty bad. I never understood why Super Man could always get taken out so easily in video games. The Super Man arcade game is a good example, just a few hits from anything an you die.

Tron

Postby Tron » February 27th, 2016, 10:32 pm

Not sure about Clue, but I enjoy board game video games. I like Monopoly, Risk & Scrabble. They're great for watching tv at the same time.

I remember that Superman death thing. I had some comic book friends that made a big deal out of it. I think in the comic book world it was a big deal. Superman didn't seem that popular back then so I guess the death was to create interest.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » February 28th, 2016, 1:31 am

Clue is my absolute favorite board game. I'm disappointed that this doesn't look like a good version of it. I might still pick it up just out of my love of Clue. After all, the biggest problem I have with it is finding someone else to play with me, so I may just be the target audience for this.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » February 28th, 2016, 5:04 am

Is Dave getting a grumpy old man? I really like Toy Story (I thought the music was pretty good too). BTW For some reason only the US version of Toy Story lacks passwords! In my European PAL version it is actually possible to use passwords, so that's kinda strange.
Furthermore, I also thought that Superman game was alright (not great, just alright). Haven't played Clue and have no intention to do so :)

Rev

Postby Rev » February 28th, 2016, 12:48 pm

I always liked Toy Story although I played the SNES version. I'm not sure if there is much of a difference. The game wasn't great but was a decent platformer. I think C is pretty accurate though.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 28th, 2016, 4:25 pm

I've never played the Genesis version, but I used to own a Clue game for PC and it was decently fun. It had a lot better graphics than this, and some of the murder scenes were actually a little graphic (for kid me, at least). But I agree, playing on a PC or TV isn't the best way to do it, since whoever you're playing with can't look at the screen when you're taking your turn. Single player is still entertaining, through, especially for a guy with no friends like me... heh heh heh... sob.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » February 29th, 2016, 7:58 am

Lol, well I guess you didn't appreciate toy story as much as I did. I can live with a c rating though. Those graphics might not hold up well today but I was blown away by them back in the day.

Return to “Review Feedback”