Wii U Console Review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Wii U Console Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 8th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Let me know what you think about my Wii U system review.

http://videogamecritic.com/wiiuinfo.htm

juhis815

Re: Wii U Console Review

Postby juhis815 » November 9th, 2016, 1:22 am

It was pretty good review, but one thing that struck to me as odd one, is that you mentioned that USB ports are located in back, when in fact, there are couple of more USB ports on front, when you flip the lid on front of the console.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 9th, 2016, 3:34 am

Enjoyed the read but not sure how you can give the games library a B. It's limited, small and lacks variety. Yes the first party games are generally good but I can count them on one hand. C or a D in my opinion.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » November 9th, 2016, 9:07 am

Good review. Critic - I know you are a big proponent of "why do they still use wii remotes?," and I'm trying to figure out if it's good or bad. On one hand, it's good that they don't make you buy new controllers, but it is a little weird that we are still using them, although it was only one generation sooner, so I guess it isn't that bad. I do like how you pointed out, and I agree, how some games force you to use them and don't even use the game pad.

Someone who just got the system wonder why it failed. Well, there's probably a few reasons, as you mentioned, but I think one of the reasons was that the potential of the gamepad. One of the best experiences I had with the system was with my nephews playing Metroid blast in nintendoland. One person is the pilot with the game pad, while the others are on the ground, controlling the remote and nunchuk trying to shoot the ship down. It's a surprisingly deep experience, but unfortunately, that and the rest of nintendoland are the only real games that show off this whole "asymmetric gameplay" that Nintendo was going for.

I didn't play wii u a whole lot. I loved and played a ton of super Mario 3d world, and sonic and all stars racing. Other than that, I played Super Mario maker here and there, but not as often as I thought. I use it to play wii games and surf the internet a lot, too.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 9th, 2016, 6:47 pm

juhis815 wrote:It was pretty good review, but one thing that struck to me as odd one, is that you mentioned that USB ports are located in back, when in fact, there are couple of more USB ports on front, when you flip the lid on front of the console.

Thank you for correcting me! I will update the review.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 9th, 2016, 6:56 pm

There are a handful of games I want to play for this console, but just cant pull the trigger at $299.00. I dont even think I could do it at $200 either. Im hoping they will try to blow out the last of their consoles for black friday, and drop them to $150 or do a killer $200 bundle.

Tron

Postby Tron » November 9th, 2016, 10:27 pm

I'd like to see a bit more detail on the "graphics" section. Like how does it compare to other consoles from that era.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » November 10th, 2016, 3:51 am

Nintendo did a good job by giving you a ton of controller options. It's nice not having to buy a ton of new controllers and you could always buy 4 pro controllers if it really bothers you that much. You could even buy classic controllers as a cheaper alternative.

I'm really disappointed I can't use my Dual Shock 3's on my PS4. There is no reason these controllers wouldn't work for a game like Rocket League.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » November 10th, 2016, 9:26 am

Rookie1 wrote:There are a handful of games I want to play for this console, but just cant pull the trigger at $299.00. I dont even think I could do it at $200 either. Im hoping they will try to blow out the last of their consoles for black friday, and drop them to $150 or do a killer $200 bundle.

Most people say it's the cost of the gamepad that makes this so expensive. You may be seeing cheaper wiius in the coming months, but who knows. I'm surprised the system isn't cheaper by now.

VicViper

Postby VicViper » November 10th, 2016, 6:51 pm

If the Wii U has a B for the games, I'd say the Wii deserve higher than a B-. At least, the Wii wasn't starving for games 2 years after its release.

I really had a mediocre experience with the Wii U, I only have like 10 Wii U games, some of them are terrible (Sonic Boom), while I own around 40 Wii games, and despite being a solo player I used this "family-friendly" console to death. The Wii U really failed to deliver in comparison, despite being first advertised as catering more to gamers.

Return to “Review Feedback”