2016/11/20: Commodore 64: Commando, Rush 'n Attack, Who Dares Wins II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/11/20: Commodore 64: Commando, Rush 'n Attack, Who Dares Wins II

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 20th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Here's a fresh new batch of Commodore reviews compliments of the C64 Critic.
Your comments are welcome.

C64_Critic

Re: 2016/11/20: Commodore 64: Commando, Rush 'n Attack, Who Dares Wins II

Postby C64_Critic » November 25th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Ummmm... great reviews!!!

:lol:

I'm actually going to put in a little more time with Who Dares Wins II this afternoon.

Teddybear

Postby Teddybear » November 25th, 2016, 3:03 pm

This is actually an interesting situation - what is the proper internet etiquette when it comes to commenting on video game reviews for games you have no interest in? And what makes me feel even more bad is for years I used to complain about the C-64 not having it's rightful spot on this website!

I will be honest - the shoot 'em up genre is my least favorite of all of them. I actually only read the Commando review and really only because there is a nice version of it for the Intellivision and wanted to see a comparable.

I also wonder about the generations of systems that this site covers. I never read any reviews on systems released in the 2000s or this current decade. As I am sure that many younger gamers probably don't pay any attention to Atari 2600, Intellivision, and all the other golden oldies!

I am glad there is a C-64 Critic and do appreciate his efforts. He has reviewed some of the greats (4th and Inches, the Jumpmans, Red Storm Rising) and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 25th, 2016, 3:15 pm

Teddybear wrote:This is actually an interesting situation - what is the proper internet etiquette when it comes to commenting on video game reviews for games you have no interest in? ... I also wonder about the generations of systems that this site covers. I never read any reviews on systems released in the 2000s or this current decade. As I am sure that many younger gamers probably don't pay any attention to Atari 2600, Intellivision, and all the other golden oldies!

What is amazing is that Dave has played all these games, and toggles between generations. You are probably right though, in that many of us probably game more in bands than across the entire spectrum from Pong to today.

I like to read the reviews of games I will never play, whether Dave's or a forum members. When Herschie writes about MLB The Show, his enthusiasm is contagious even though I have no interest in the game itself. Same thing for the RPG reviews - those reviewers really love the games they review. They've often played through them multiple times. Sometimes the humor stands out (got a snickers?), and sometimes a review just cements an opinion or opens up an interesting conversation. Its also neat to see in this site the history of video games from basically the beginning to now. That's cool in itself.

Return to “Review Feedback”