2017/2/10: Playstation 4: Steep

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: 2017/2/10: Playstation 4: Steep

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 17th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Mr. Luck,
If I have any credibility at all, I guess it comes from the fact that I've reviewed about 5000 games over the last 18 years or so.
But you can take comfort in the fact that I'm not a professional reviewer. I'm not getting paid for this. I only run it because I love video games and enjoy discussing them.
VGC

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » February 18th, 2017, 1:03 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Mr. Luck,
If I have any credibility at all, I guess it comes from the fact that I've reviewed about 5000 games over the last 18 years or so.
But you can take comfort in the fact that I'm not a professional reviewer. I'm not getting paid for this. I only run it because I love video games and enjoy discussing them.
VGC

It's your site dude. Honestly I was shocked you died that many times in Shantae to the point where I had to ask if you even knew there was an item shop in the game. I never got a reply.

Personally I think there is a major lack of consistency when Dark Souls gets an A and Bloodborne gets a D. Both games are very similar and considered classics in the genre. Either you should have reviewed Dark Souls too or let the RPG guy review Bloodborne.

People on this site act like paid reviewers have no credibility because they make money. Why? What pro review has even been that far off to make you guys think that? Steep got a mere 7/10 on Gamespot. That's hardly a glowing review. More like "you mightlike this if you like the genre."

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 18th, 2017, 9:48 am

I guess I just don't take video games too seriously.

And I don't reply to all the messages and questions I get.

I think you should avoid this site and stick to the ones with professional reviews.

Not many people even know about this site so no point in dwelling on it.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » February 18th, 2017, 11:02 am

Saturday Morning, the Critic is in! :)

Seriously Mr. luck stick to those professional sites. Dave made this site out of his luv of games. If you read who he is he says don't take any reviews too seriously, it is just meant to be informative and fun. That's why his readers luv his site. If you are constantly going to be a gray cloud and take gaming like it's life or death this is not the place for you!

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » February 20th, 2017, 9:47 am

I've played Steep. Taking the "Online requirement" completely out of the equation, the game itself just didn't seem any fun to me. It has decent graphics, but I expect a downhill skiing/snowboarding/flying game to give me an adrenaline boost and there was nothing like that with this game. It was a bland gentle trek down a mountain (or mountains I guess, to be fair) with no sense of speed and mushy controls. I found no reason to keep playing it beyond my initial foray.

Voor

Postby Voor » February 20th, 2017, 9:17 pm

MrLuck87 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Mr. Luck,
VGC

It's your site dude. Honestly I was shocked you died that many times in Shantae to the point where I had to ask if you even knew there was an item shop in the game. I never got a reply.

Personally I think there is a major lack of consistency when Dark Souls gets an A and Bloodborne gets a D. Both games are very similar and considered classics in the genre. Either you should have reviewed Dark Souls too or let the RPG guy review Bloodborne.

People on this site act like paid reviewers have no credibility because they make money. Why? What pro review has even been that far off to make you guys think that? Steep got a mere 7/10 on Gamespot. That's hardly a glowing review. More like "you mightlike this if you like the genre."

Reviews are also subjective, whether you are paid or not. Of course, the reviewer

crimefighter

Postby crimefighter » February 24th, 2017, 12:13 am

These can be tagged as online only as well --

Bloodborne - PS4

Doom - XBoxOne
Gears of War - XBoxOne
Just Cause 3 - XBoxOne
Sunset Overdrive - XBoxOne

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 24th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Crimefighter,
Thanks for the list! I forgot about a lot of these.
I definitely think Doom and Just Cause 3 deserve the online icon.
However, I believe Sunset, Gears, and Bloodborne all play offline (with some difficulty perhaps).
Please correct me if I'm wrong!
VGC

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 24th, 2017, 5:48 pm

As if being forced to register an account with Ubisoft to play Steep wasn't bad enough, I noticed I'm now on their mailing list. So it's an unwanted feature being used to get you to buy more of their stuff. I'm sure they'll be selling it to other companies as well. This is how the video game business works nowadays. Heck, your personal information is probably worth more than what you paid for the game.

I hope the unsubscribe function works.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 26th, 2017, 12:08 am

Blood bore as well
The Crew

that rainbow 6 siege

two of them are ubisoft... and one is 2k.

Return to “Review Feedback”