2017/5/7: Playstation 4: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
ptdebate

Re: 2017/5/7: Playstation 4: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Postby ptdebate » May 7th, 2017, 11:12 pm

JustLikeHeaven wrote:Not to get this off track, but what's the word on Shinji Mikami's Evil Within? It got all kinds of mixed reviews when it came out and it's dirt cheap to pick up now. Is it worth $20?

This one is a huge YMMV. Personally, I put a ton of hours into that game and got the platinum trophy. I ended up really enjoying it for the atmosphere and extreme challenge, but it's not for everyone. The way Tron describes it very much encapsulates how you feel at first--helpless and ineffectual. But that's exactly the brand of horror that Mikami is going for. After the opening couple of chapters, the game opens up a lot more and lets you get hella creative with weapon/item combinations in different encounters. All told, it's probably my favorite survival horror game since REmake.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 8th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Out of curiosity, did you play this game with VR?

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 9th, 2017, 5:24 am

JustLikeHeaven wrote:
Not to get this off track, but what's the word on Shinji Mikami's Evil Within? It got all kinds of mixed reviews when it came out and it's dirt cheap to pick up now. Is it worth $20?

It is a game that says ten bucks. Think that is what it cost me in pounds. If there is a goty edition perhaps it is worth it. I played it and enjoyed it. I got stuck at it and never came back. I plays a lot like RE4. I was hoping for a more you vs the zombies type of game. Average to slightly above average but not scary at all. More disquieting.

Return to “Review Feedback”