2017/6/7: Nintendo Switch: Ultra Street Fighter II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/6/7: Nintendo Switch: Ultra Street Fighter II

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 7th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Let's get some feedback!

Sonicx9

Re: 2017/6/7: Nintendo Switch: Ultra Street Fighter II

Postby Sonicx9 » June 7th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Critic, there was a retail version Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix via the Xbox 360 only Capcom Digital Collection, more info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Digital_Collection

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 7th, 2017, 7:47 pm

So apparently I HAVE played this in the past! I reviewed this collection but have little memory of it.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » June 8th, 2017, 5:50 am

I would consider adding a bit to the review stating that the arcade mode comment refers to, I assume, Street Figher 5's lack of one?

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » June 8th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Sounds like its worth picking up for $32 after the BB gamer's club discount. I've never owned a Street Fighter game before but I think I'll get this one.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » January 7th, 2018, 10:00 pm

So one of the games we got (more specifically my son got) for Christmas with our new Switch was this one. I have never, ever played so much SF. It's really shown me the value in the Switch. I can play it on the TV, in bed, or (when my connection online is important) in tabletop mode nearer the router. It's been absolutely amazing alone and played two player (although the sideways Joycons leave something to be desired as individual controllers, and the overall controller is somewhat wonky for something this precise). Still, it's a really good one to have on a hybrid system.

One thing I will say about the review: You mention that "Buddy mode" is of questionable value. This is one of those things that, maybe, I see the value in specifically as a Dad of young kids. My 6 year old would get destroyed by me if I played at even 50% of serious (it's a sign of his incredible gaming skills that at 6 he could take me at 50%), so we either have to play "let him win" or "fake make it close" in a lot of fighters. However, in co-op, shared energy bar, 2 of us vs. the "bad guy" mode, we can complete the whole boss rush on various difficulties, with various characters, high-fiving all the way. I think this is essentially "girlfriend mode" for a 2D fighter, and I think it is of great added value to the game for anyone playing with people of lesser skill or less competitive nature.

Return to “Review Feedback”