2017/7/18: Wii: Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune, We Love Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/7/18: Wii: Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune, We Love Golf

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 18th, 2017, 7:31 pm

It's been a while since I posted a new set of Wii reviews. Hope you like them. Feedback??

CaptainCruch

Re: 2017/7/18: Wii: Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune, We Love Golf

Postby CaptainCruch » July 19th, 2017, 12:53 pm

I'm sorry to read you come to neglect your Wii console the last years! :)

I think there are still some good games you haven't reviewed yet to start that console once more, like:

- Rodea the Sky Soldier (kind of a sequel to Nights)
- Rogue Trooper Quartz Zone Massacre (one of the better third-person shooters for Wii)
- Day of Crisis (nice game, combines rail-shooting with standard action fanfare. Unfortunately, only released as PAL)
other games you might like (I haven't played those yet):
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- Octomania
- Ivy the Kiwi
- Max and the Magic Marker
- Alien Syndrome (Sega)

Tron

Postby Tron » July 19th, 2017, 8:25 pm

The golf review reads as if you're surprised that a Wii game, made by someone other than Nintendo, has awful controls. I'm assuming you were being sarcastic since the Wii doesn't have any good sports games made by 3rd parties. Tiger Woods was ok, but compared to Wii Sports & especillay Wii Sports Resort it falls flat.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 20th, 2017, 9:34 am

When I saw the "Army Men" title I had to wonder if it was part of the Army Men franchise from 3DO. (AKA, "the most unnecessary onslaught of sequels based on the mild success of one mediocre game" in gaming history.) Turns out it is--although it was developed by Global Star, which bought the Army Men franchise at auction after 3DO went bankrupt in the mid-2000s. That's according to Wikipedia. It also says that, although the game uses the Army Men name, it isn't officially part of the series. I assume that means it uses the name but isn't canon...who knew that there was an Army Men canon....

By the way, I think Joe duped you, because this game got some terrible reviews... it has an aggregate score of 35 out of 100 on Metacritic.

scotland

Postby scotland » July 20th, 2017, 11:21 am

Retro STrife wrote: ..who knew that there was an Army Men canon....

What plastic army men wouldn't have a canon? (cue rimshot)

But seriously folks, I never could get comfortable with those 3DO games' rotational control scheme. Push up to go foward works in a FPS, but not on a sprite game. If you want to move down you press left or right until facing down, then press up. Try that when the tan army men are shooting at you!

Return to “Review Feedback”