2017/10/7: Intellivision: Thunder Castle, Mystic Castle

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/10/7: Intellivision: Thunder Castle, Mystic Castle

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 7th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Last year I purchased a Thunder Castle "hack" called Mystic Castle which is really good.
Naturally it I was posting this review I also needed to re-review the original game (that review was 14 years old!)
I didn't change the game but I did improve the review.
Mystic Castle was only available in limited quantities so you may need to resort to emulation to enjoy it.

Stalvern

Re: 2017/10/7: Intellivision: Thunder Castle, Mystic Castle

Postby Stalvern » October 7th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Is there another game, on any system, in which bats not only aren't a horrible nuisance but actively help you? This is unbelievable.

Typo: "It's only flaw" (in the Mystic Castle review) is wrong, which is weird because the correct "its sluggish pace" is immediately after it.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: 2017/10/7: Intellivision: Thunder Castle, Mystic Castle

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 8th, 2017, 5:57 am

Batman for the original Gameboy, and Kid Dracula, both feature bats as shields. But you'd feel disappointed if they weren't helping you out.

Thunder Castle is the rare game where there's no thematic explanation for their sudden good nature.

Anyways, good reviews all around, critic - it really is surprisingly atmospheric, given the 70's hardware. But thanks for introducing me to the Mystic hack anyways. Sure, the original is a strategic variant on Pac-Man, but it begs for an option to also just pick up and play it, arcade style.

Return to “Review Feedback”