Reader Voting issues?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Reader Voting issues?

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 3rd, 2017, 9:45 am

I received this email from a reader, and am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues?

I have never been able to get the "reader's reviews" feature to work in all the years I have browsed your site, though only now am I peeved enough to bother reporting the issue. I can click on the "Vote" icon, but when I try to change the rating from "C" (the default), nothing happens. That's not to say the page stops responding - it keeps acting like I never clicked it at all. No message or status appears. When I hover over the menu arrow, its shading changes, so it is definitely enabled. I tried disabling Adblock on the off chance it was a script placed in an unfortunately named directory (anyway it doesn't seem like your site has ads in the first place), but to no avail.

If it helps you or your webmaster find a solution, some specs:

- Browser: Mozilla Firefox (latest version, though the error has been in place through countless updates)
- Have the most common plug-ins (Java, Flash, etc.), along with Adblock (as mentioned), Disconnect, and HTTPS Everywhere

Gentlegamer

Re: Reader Voting issues?

Postby Gentlegamer » December 3rd, 2017, 11:43 am

I had the same issue on another laptop with similar specs. My present laptop (Win7, Firefox, Ublock Origin, NoScript) has no issues with the voting function.

Stalvern

Re: Reader Voting issues?

Postby Stalvern » December 3rd, 2017, 12:40 pm

Same story: I've been following the site for years, and the drop-down menu has never worked in any browser. I just use the arrow keys to select a rating, which is probably what most people have learned to do.

Return to “Review Feedback”