2018/1/27: Nintendo Switch: I Am Setsuna (Japan)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Stalvern

Re: 2018/1/27: Nintendo Switch: I Am Setsuna (Japan)

Postby Stalvern » January 29th, 2018, 8:35 am

Yeah, tons and tons of games have reviews of multiple ports. It's a well-established (and helpful) part of the site.

What a bizarre thing to say.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 29th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Stalvern wrote:Yeah, tons and tons of games have reviews of multiple ports. It's a well-established (and helpful) part of the site.

I was answering PT. Read the whole of the quote before nay saying.
Apparently the Critic has a policy of not reviewing multiple versions of the same game. I just pointed out he did this quite a lot.

Also added to my previous points. I rather fancy a switch. It would be good to get the critics view on my fave game which is now on the switch. Following your machinations I have taking the time to look at the reviews. Not just to the good ones. It appears that this is a version of the 360/ps3 and does not feature the high def graphics of the remaster. Also it has been said that bugs that were in the original are in this version. They are in the remaster as well. It is a moot point about remastering a game. That it should be optimized for the system it is on. This could have been where the critic could have shone.
Given the objections I withdraw my interest.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 29th, 2018, 2:19 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:I was answering PT. Read the whole of the quote before nay saying.

Read my post. I was agreeing with you.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 29th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Stalvern wrote:
GameOfThrones wrote:I was answering PT. Read the whole of the quote before nay saying.

Read my post. I was agreeing with you.

Sorry I am in dumbass mode obviously. I have only had one coffee today and it is showing.
Apologies again.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 29th, 2018, 3:12 pm

I think it's been more common for the VGC to review multiple versions of games for older systems, since the differences were more notable. He hasn't seemed to do it as often with newer systems, since the versions generally play the same. I assume another factor is the time investment.. it's quicker to review Doom or NBA Jam on multiple systems, whereas newer games take longer. So I'm assuming ptdebate was more referring to newer games, like Skyrim, when he said that.

Personally, though, when it comes to a game like Skyrim, I'd be content with just the 360 review. It's pretty surprising that he even played that version, considering it's a massive RPG. We spread the VGC so thin with requests, plus all the other games of his own to review, that it's tough to ask for the time investment of a new Skyrim review just because of it having a few upgrades and downloadable content tacked on. IMO it'd be good to see that time go to another game instead.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » January 29th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Stalvern wrote:Yeah, tons and tons of games have reviews of multiple ports. It's a well-established (and helpful) part of the site.

To quote the Critic from the Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 thread,

VideoGameCritic wrote:Good feedback guys.

I agree it would have been informative if I had outlined the differences between this and the Genesis game. Since I haven't played the Genesis game I couldn't say off hand.

There was a time when I would have played both sets of games for comparison purposes, but I don't do that often nowadays in the interest of time. If I did that in this case I probably would have wanted to update the Genesis review as well and it would have turned into a major project.

I think there's something to be said for reviewing both sets independently so one set of reviews doesn't influence the other.

Yes, he used to do it, but no, he doesn't often do it anymore. He has also mentioned in the Mr. Bigs thread that he only reviews a game more than once if he gets the second (or third) copy for free.

VideoGameCritic wrote:Guys, When you see multiple versions of the same game reviewed, rest assured I did not have to pay for them!

So no, it's not really a bizarre thing to say.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 29th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Oh, of course. I posted in that thread myself! Looks like more than one person's in dumb mode today. :oops:

Return to “Review Feedback”