2018/4/1: Playstation 4: Distracted Driver

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Stalvern

Re: 2018/4/1: Playstation 4: Distracted Driver

Postby Stalvern » April 1st, 2018, 9:50 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Stalvern, just because the Critic liked this game doesn’t mean you have to fly off the handle. You and I have gotten into it over this game in other forums, and even though I think it’s an average game at best, the Critic says B+ and he is entitled to his own opinion.

He's complained about payola in professional reviews before, so he has only himself to blame if I hold him to the same scrutiny. To see someone who used to stick up for players rolling over for the biggest, greediest game companies is nothing short of sickening.

As for our own disputes, I'm not going to copy over all the points I brought up in the other threads, but my central thesis still stands: Even if the game is satire, the people that it satirizes are going to ignorantly take it as an endorsement, and the effect will be further normalization of dangerous road behaviors. No matter how many times you say that it's "just a game", that doesn't change the social effects.

Now that I think about it, maybe the Critic isn't the only one here with an ulterior motive. Every car totaled is a new car bought, and I wouldn't put it past the automobile industry in this country to AstroTurf for a game that accelerates this profitable destruction. Sure, that might mean death in a lot of cases, but like the review says, sometimes an innocent person just has to take one for the team! How do you sleep at night?

As for you, matmico399, take a look at the date! :P

goldenband

Postby goldenband » April 1st, 2018, 10:41 pm

Does anyone know when the 3DO port of Distracted Driver is coming out? I hear it's a real upgrade over the CD-i version, which had the animations done overseas and suffered as a result. Awfully nice of them to support these older consoles.

NAC2

Postby NAC2 » April 2nd, 2018, 2:46 am

goldenband wrote:Does anyone know when the 3DO port of Distracted Driver is coming out? I hear it's a real upgrade over the CD-i version, which had the animations done overseas and suffered as a result. Awfully nice of them to support these older consoles.

Not sure about the 3DO port, though I heard that the Game.com version is coming along nicely.

SegaRiddle1990

Postby SegaRiddle1990 » April 2nd, 2018, 5:22 am

I heard about this recently, I'm especially looking forward to the Nintendo Switch port with Mario Kart themed DLC, should be out by Christmas!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » April 2nd, 2018, 1:12 pm

Okay this sounds insane but I think I'm going to have to make this one for real. The concept is genius.

Sut

Postby Sut » April 2nd, 2018, 3:57 pm

Stalvern wrote:take a look at the date! :P

You all got me !
I was wondering what the hell is going on here !

GTS

Postby GTS » April 2nd, 2018, 6:45 pm

I was able to download it before it became unavailable. Pretty good game, but has some flaws. It's annoying how cars behind you honk when you're going 20 MPH in a 65 zone. Wish they would just go around. Also, the "pick kid up from school" mission is practically impossible since I keep hitting the other kids.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » April 2nd, 2018, 8:25 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Gleebergloben123 wrote:
As for our own disputes, I'm not going to copy over all the points I brought up in the other threads, but my central thesis still stands: Even if the game is satire, the people that it satirizes are going to ignorantly take it as an endorsement, and the effect will be further normalization of dangerous road behaviors. No matter how many times you say that it's "just a game", that doesn't change the social effects.

Now that I think about it, maybe the Critic isn't the only one here with an ulterior motive. Every car totaled is a new car bought, and I wouldn't put it past the automobile industry in this country to AstroTurf for a game that accelerates this profitable destruction. Sure, that might mean death in a lot of cases, but like the review says, sometimes an innocent person just has to take one for the team! How do you sleep at night?

As for you, matmico399, take a look at the date! :P

I laughed out loud (guess you can say I LOL’d) when I read this.

Voor

Postby Voor » April 3rd, 2018, 12:33 pm

CRItic: do you have a link to all the April fools reviews?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 3rd, 2018, 2:08 pm

Voor wrote:CRItic: do you have a link to all the April fools reviews?

Here's the icon page, although Distracted Driver hasn't been included yet.

Return to “Review Feedback”