2018/6/10: Xbox One: Super Lucky's Tale

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/6/10: Xbox One: Super Lucky's Tale

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2018, 9:40 am

Time for a new Xbox One review! This one isn't half bad, but it could use some polish.

Sonicx9

Re: 2018/6/10: Xbox One: Super Lucky's Tale

Postby Sonicx9 » June 10th, 2018, 11:49 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Time for a new Xbox One review! This one isn't half bad, but it could use some polish.

Critic, some of the framerate issues will be fixed if you play it on the Xbox One X FYI.

This review proves that the Xbox One Sucks for exclusives!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2018, 12:40 pm

The odd part is, Microsoft doesn't even seem concerned with getting any exclusives. Can't they see they are losing the console wars badly? I've never seen such a self-destructive company.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 10th, 2018, 3:41 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:The odd part is, Microsoft doesn't even seem concerned with getting any exclusives. Can't they see they are losing the console wars badly? I've never seen such a self-destructive company.

100% agree, also worth mentioning is they own the once awesome Rare and do nothing with it: https://youtu.be/tZU53Lk8Xb4and port all their Xbox One games on PC via windows 10 or Steam or both giving no good reason to own a Xbox One! Thoughts critic
?

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » June 10th, 2018, 4:27 pm

RE: The purpose of collecting the gold coins... I'm sure that's all explained in the manual.
:P :lol: :P :lol:

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » June 11th, 2018, 7:09 am

It is on games pass so I might try it.

Well MS announced taking 5 games houses online. Also a new Halo which looks interesting. Three new gears titles.

Yeah you can play them on a pc but for the most part PC games are a pain. Lack of controller support. Do you have the right specs to run it and the list goes on.

That is what is so good about consoles. They work out of the box. Okay something like the Nintendo wii u had a problem due to the miserly SSD drive they put in it but it did have some good games all of which seem to have migrated to the switch leading to there being no reason to get the dead wii u console.

Playing killzone 3 today. Really I am impressed. After the drabness that was killzone 2 I am surprised how much better the graphics and gun play are.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » June 16th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Critic I know you are going to love this.

Collect the golden coins and then go to the shop and buy outfits for the fox. In a title update they added that wonderful thing to do.

So now you can add it to your review of this Nintendo wannabe Rare Wannabe game. I must say it is so much better than Buzby.

After I have played it a bit more I will give thoughts on how your review and the game are the same.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 16th, 2018, 9:41 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:Critic I know you are going to love this.

Collect the golden coins and then go to the shop and buy outfits for the fox. In a title update they added that wonderful thing to do.

So now you can add it to your review of this Nintendo wannabe Rare Wannabe game. I must say it is so much better than Buzby.

After I have played it a bit more I will give thoughts on how your review and the game are the same.

Collect coins for outfits? What a JOKE! I almost want to dock it a letter for that garbage.

VicViper

Postby VicViper » June 17th, 2018, 1:19 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:The odd part is, Microsoft doesn't even seem concerned with getting any exclusives. Can't they see they are losing the console wars badly? I've never seen such a self-destructive company.

I dunno really. To go on a tangent, I think Nintendo failed much harder with the Wii U.

The Wii U was all about exclusives, and it bombed even harder than the Dreamcast, and doesn't have even half of the latter's cult status or memorable games.
Might have sold more in the long term, but it took 3 years for the Wii U to accomplish what the Dreamcast did in 18 months, it's a hardware sales disaster.

Fortunately for Nintendo, the Wii U wasn't hit by two mega financial disasters (Shenmue I & II), piracy was never piss easy like on the Dreamcast, and the 3DS was here to pick up the pace.

As for Super Lucky's Tale, all I heard was that it's essentially a PS1 platforming game that's competent, but not great. I believe it's better to look at it like an entry point for kids into the genre, it's not like we're swarmed with these types of games on Xbox One.

Return to “Review Feedback”