2018/6/19: Playstation: The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park Special Edition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/6/19: Playstation: The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park Special Edition

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2018, 7:23 pm

So I updated my two Lost World reviews for the PS1, fixing the titles and including new screenshots.

This sets the stage for the big Jurassic Park Special - probably tomorrow!

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2018/6/19: Playstation: The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park Special Edition

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 19th, 2018, 7:43 pm

The JP Lost w games seem to be the worst.
I hear the new one coming out on the ps4/Xbone are theme park ones. They are being made by the makers of the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. Not to be confused with the last one produced by Atari which by all accounts was a pile of trash.

Good reviews of two games that I am never going to get.

C64_Critic

Re: 2018/6/19: Playstation: The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park Special Edition

Postby C64_Critic » June 20th, 2018, 12:04 am

Incomplete sentence: "eating a guy every now." Or something like that. I can't cut and paste, and my memory is in and out, but you'll see it if you re-read.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 20th, 2018, 7:18 am

C64_Critic wrote:Incomplete sentence: "eating a guy every now." Or something like that. I can't cut and paste, and my memory is in and out, but you'll see it if you re-read.

C64, I am sure it is time for you to produce some more reviews.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 20th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Never played any of these, but still found the reviews interesting to read. I had actually read the old version of the Special Edition review a few days ago, and it was interesting how much your thoughts on that game have changed since the last time you reviewed it.

It's too bad that no developer has ever made good use of the Jurassic Park license. Maybe the best of the bunch was Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, which is a Theme Park style game for the Xbox/PS2/PC. My wife is a fan of sim games and Jurassic Park, so I got her a copy of Operation Genesis for the PC a few years back. I never tried it, but she liked it and it looked good when I watched.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » June 20th, 2018, 10:44 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:C64, I am sure it is time for you to produce some more reviews.

I wish I could argue with you! Unfortunately, due to a series of events that are everyone's fault but my own, I am currently without a working C64. In addition, all my 'spare' units (along with 2 C128's) are in storage thousands of miles away from me, and all efforts to fix the one non-working C64 I have in my possession have come up snake eyes. I'm currently waiting for a replacement SID chip that I ordered back in MARCH from some Facebook dude (search on SwinSID Ultimate) which I'm hoping will be coming soon.

I do have the first game to review already picked out at someone's suggestion... Project Firestart. If anyone has an extra C64 they wish to sell me for $50 or less including shipping to Hawaii, by all means let me know! Otherwise, I'm already out almost $100 while I still wait for the replacement SID chip.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » June 21st, 2018, 5:05 am

C64_Critic wrote:I do have the first game to review already picked out at someone's suggestion... Project Firestart.

This is the best news... and also, given how long it's going to take, the worst. :x

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 21st, 2018, 10:25 am

I do this useless job that I am useless at. I got trapped on the other side of the river and got home at 6 am. I feel awful today. I have a migraine and I am out of chocolate biscuits.
Luckily for me, this is the day you decided to publish this. An in-depth look at JP on various systems. Looks like towards to the end the games got better. Though I did like JP1 on the Snes. I do feel it deserves a c plus rather than an F.

Thanks for the mention of the Telltale game which I never knew was out. All of their games are the same. They give the illusion of choice but there is not really any choice. There is a book by Harry Harrison called You Can Be the Stainless Steel Rat which was a game book. It also gives you the illusion of choice. That is the template for these types of games.

All in all very good and topical with the Superb new JP movie out which should get an Oscar for the best movie.

Return to “Review Feedback”