12/30/2006: Nintendo 64: Fighter Destiny 2, Road Rash 64, Star Fox 64

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
andrew

Postby andrew » January 4th, 2007, 1:48 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser][QUOTE=gleebergloben]

Star Fox does have 3 difficulty settings and several medal challanges, and my reply is...so what?  I don't want to collect every single token on a platformer to extend the play-life.  As I've stated before, Star Fox is a cute but extremely average game that can be completed in a very short time.  The other three characters on your squad do absolutely nothing for the gameplay, and in the end, it's all about gameplay, which Star Fox has in short supply.

[/QUOTE]

After reading that statement I'm sorry you never got a chance to play the multiplayer with 4 friends battling it out in an awesome, chaotic rock (tank), paper (little guy), scissor (Ar-Wing) battle. 

[/QUOTE]

Me and my friend would team up as guys against my brother and his arwing. Good times

ima

Postby ima » January 13th, 2007, 6:33 pm

So, when is the VGC planning to review Star Fox 2 for the SNES? I look forward to your opinion because the game certainly rivals the first installment.

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » January 13th, 2007, 7:52 pm

I don't believe I've ever seen him mention using a PC emulator, and I don't think he is too fond of PC gaming, so how do you expect him to review Star Fox 2? I guess he could sacrifice a Super FX game and follow instructions online to make himself a copy of the game, but it seems like a lot of work for a game that deserved to be cancelled in my opinion after finally getting to play it. And I'm a huge fan of the original...

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » January 14th, 2007, 9:17 pm

While I haven't played FD2, I thought the original game was pretty good. While it's true that it doesn't compare with the best fighters the PSX had on offer (Soooulblaaade!), it's still a solid game, and far better than the other crap that's available. While I agree that the scoring system is pretty silly, if you screw around with the options enough, you can easily make the battles pretty similiar to a regular fighting game. The characters, Meiling being my favorite, are all well balanced and sport a lot of different moves, with the ability to learn new ones, making multiplayer somewhat more involving than in most other games, and the Master Challenge and Rodeo were interesting and fun little challenges.

The Survival Mode was painfully hard, though - did ANYONE manage to beat that thing and unlock the Joker? He was an awesome character, and I'd love to be able to try him out, but the stupid mode is impossible.

Return to “Review Feedback”