1/23/2007: PSP: Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony, Sonic Rivals, Wipeout Pure

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 23rd, 2007, 7:46 pm

I'll be anxious to see if you think the VGC hit the mark with these three new PSP reviews.  Enjoy.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » January 23rd, 2007, 8:09 pm

Nice reads but I think I would have given Sonic and "F" b/c this franchise has turned into such a joke. I bought the Sega Collection for the PSP and love Sonic 1 & 2. Of course, I played them years ago but I had long since forgotton how compelling those "old school" games could be. It is a shame that Sonic Rivals is such a mess b/c I think the PSP is well suited for a more classic Sonic game.

I haven't played Wipeout but I am going to pick it up after reading your reviews. To be honest I thought it was overhyped but it seems like the real deal.

Throne of Agony is a kick ass game. Between this an Oblivion I think I have my adventure "fix" for the next year and then some.

Nice reads...

Thanks for adding the "faq"...I thought it was cool but your collection is sick!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » January 23rd, 2007, 10:36 pm

Glad to see some more PSP reviews.  Sony's handheld is really starting to shape up nicely and the number of quality games is on the rise.  Dungeon Siege is one game I really want to get...when I finally get a system I will make sure to pick it up along with Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

Hey Critic, I've noticed that you tend to start your action RPG reviews pretty much all the same way.  You always start off saying that, "The VGC doesn't normally like RPG's..." If you check your reviews of Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast) and Baldur's gate Dark Alliance (XBOX) you will notice they start out almost the same.  I know you like to keep things sounding fresh so I figured I would bring this to your attention.

Keep up the top notch work.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » January 24th, 2007, 1:15 am

Nice reviews as ever, but get that Jonathan Hawk guy to do some more RPG reviews, darnit

-Rob

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » January 24th, 2007, 3:48 am

Bang on WipEout review.  That and Lumines really make that console something special.  While I don't have a PSP I have bought the soundtrack .

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » January 31st, 2007, 2:05 am

Oh Critic Critic have you heard let me break it to you...(u might know)   2k football is coming back!!!!!!! after two years of poopy madden next-gen they are gonna bring (2k all pro football) with nfl ledgends....yeah!!!!

but anyway great psp reviews...wipout is super u can find for under 10 bucks but Im always playing Daxter and MBL the Show instead.  Remember our pinball machine talk???  well I might buy a TMNT Pinball from 1990 ever play it? its sweet wish me luck.

Return to “Review Feedback”