1/28/2007: Xbox 360: Call of Duty 2, Gears of War, Need For Speed Carbon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 28th, 2007, 6:11 pm

As usual, your comments are welcome.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » January 28th, 2007, 6:25 pm

All your multiplayer wishes are condensed in 'Call of Duty 3' Dave: co-op, multiplayer (especially on XBox Live), split-screen, etc.  Ironically the single-player campaign of 'COD3' suffers and isn't as polished as 'COD2's' because it feels like a rehash, plus the programmers obviously poured their efforts into multiplayer.  I'm not crazy about 'NFS: Carbon's' color scheme and cartoony neon-colored textures.  It plays fine but do we really need a new 'NFS' game every year ala 'Tony Hawk'?  'Carbon' conclusively proves we don't.

Haven't played 'GOW' yet but now that I know even you think it lives up to the hype I'm soon going to fall in line and buy it along with 'Lost Planet.'  Between the two gameplay time should add-up to what one of them should have lasted.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » January 28th, 2007, 6:29 pm

I still stand by my B+ for Gears. Although I suspect some may have wished you used the & symbol for a grade better than A.

I'm not surprised you liked it just a little bit more than me (remember, Gears fans: I think its an awesome game too, just not quite as awesome you you think, mmmkay?), especially since my gripes were mainly based on the online components.

-Rob

a1

Postby a1 » January 28th, 2007, 6:31 pm

Every time I read a review of Gears I want a 360 a little more. Has anyone here heard any news of a price drop? I'll get one once it drops to $300.00.

Also, Critic, you said a weapon lets you shoot a "devastating particle bean". I'm assuming you meant beam.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » January 28th, 2007, 7:14 pm

[QUOTE=a]Every time I read a review of Gears I want a 360 a little more. Has anyone here heard any news of a price drop? I'll get one once it drops to $300.00.[/QUOTE]

The complete opposite: [url]http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/26/xbox-360-price-cut-unlikely-in-early-2007/[/url]

Conn

Postby Conn » January 28th, 2007, 7:40 pm

Just going to have to say that Epic developed Gears of War, not Microsoft. I think Microsoft co=published it though.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » January 28th, 2007, 7:44 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

I still stand by my B+ for Gears. Although I suspect some may have wished you used the & symbol for a grade better than A.

I'm not surprised you liked it just a little bit more than me (remember, Gears fans: I think its an awesome game too, just not quite as awesome you you think, mmmkay?), especially since my gripes were mainly based on the online components.

-Rob

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you give anything Nintendo does an A! If this game was on the Wii it would A++++++++++++++++! Heck, you liked Red Steel, the most terrible game anyone could play on ANY system. Dude, you are not objective at all. B+ for Gears? Are you on crack? Actually, the game deserves an A+.

Kroozer

Postby Kroozer » January 28th, 2007, 9:16 pm

I noticed you mentioned your distain for the flimsy manual for NFS Carbon.  This has been a problem for me since the NES days.  I think that game makers purposely do this to force us to buy the Prima strategy guides, making them even richer.  Example: Timesplitters.  I didn't even know what half the objectives were and what the control scheme was until I got the guide.  This should be one of your new game rants.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » January 28th, 2007, 9:30 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

-Rob

[/QUOTE]

Let me also add Rob that I do like your reviews, they are good reads but I think your grading system is way out of whack. It's your opinion but I can't believe anybody would believe Gears is anything less then A material and....

Critic you really missed out, co-op play is the way to go...it pushes Gears to A+ material....get Xbox live!

Kris

Postby Kris » January 28th, 2007, 10:07 pm

I totally agree that playing GoW co-op over live is the way to go. At least an A, maybe an A+ after I try it on my new HDTV!

Return to “Review Feedback”