1/28/2007: Xbox 360: Call of Duty 2, Gears of War, Need For Speed Carbon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » January 30th, 2007, 8:32 pm

[QUOTE=Shawn]

[QUOTE=Benjamin]how come no psp commment option on the new reviews?[/QUOTE]

Basically I think there are only about 5 people that own a PSP that check out this site. Or at the very least leave comments.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and some of us who own one don't really use it primarily for games.  I use it as an iPod right now, and every now and then I watch a movie on it.

I was thinking about that lately.  I am going to be using the PS3 primarily as a cheap Bluray player (at least at first).  I use the PSP for portable multimedia tasks.  Sony's devices for me are becoming less about games, at least for the time being.

Now, when Silent Hill 0rigins releases, I'll probably be stuck to my PSP like glue, at least for a while.  Even then though, I'll probably play it on the big screen using a device that allows me to see it on the TV screen.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » January 30th, 2007, 9:37 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart][QUOTE=Shawn]

[QUOTE=Benjamin]how come no psp commment option on the new reviews?[/QUOTE]

Basically I think there are only about 5 people that own a PSP that check out this site. Or at the very least leave comments.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and some of us who own one don't really use it primarily for games.  I use it as an iPod right now, and every now and then I watch a movie on it.

I was thinking about that lately.  I am going to be using the PS3 primarily as a cheap Bluray player (at least at first).  I use the PSP for portable multimedia tasks.  Sony's devices for me are becoming less about games, at least for the time being.

Now, when Silent Hill 0rigins releases, I'll probably be stuck to my PSP like glue, at least for a while.  Even then though, I'll probably play it on the big screen using a device that allows me to see it on the TV screen.

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break dude. If you want an MP3 player, buy an ipod, they are cheaper and you get more storage.

I am not sure why you don't play games on the PSP but I don't really care. I know, you are going to go on and on how the PSP doesn't have any good games, etc, etc....the only thing I can say to that is "shut the hell up"! B/c you are out of your mind.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » January 31st, 2007, 12:59 am

[QUOTE=Shawn]Give me a break dude. If you want an MP3 player, buy an ipod, they are cheaper and you get more storage.

I am not sure why you don't play games on the PSP but I don't really care. I know, you are going to go on and on how the PSP doesn't have any good games, etc, etc....the only thing I can say to that is "shut the hell up"! B/c you are out of your mind.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy it to BE AN IPOD YOU #$% IDIOT!  That's just become it's @#$% function.  It's become that because it doesn't have any good games FOR ME!  Then again, if Sony had concentrated from the get-go on games first and all that multimedia crap later, or for pushing yet another proprietary format on the weary public, it might have had some good stuff from the start.

Get up in arms all you like, with or without the drunken Boston drawl.  I've been the first to concede in the past that it has games that appeal to some kind of idiot -- I mean geezus, you're buying them aren't you?

Shawn

Postby Shawn » January 31st, 2007, 8:15 am

[QUOTE=m0zart][QUOTE=Shawn]Give me a break dude. If you want an MP3 player, buy an ipod, they are cheaper and you get more storage.

I am not sure why you don't play games on the PSP but I don't really care. I know, you are going to go on and on how the PSP doesn't have any good games, etc, etc....the only thing I can say to that is "shut the hell up"! B/c you are out of your mind.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy it to BE AN IPOD YOU #$% IDIOT!  That's just become it's @#$% function.  It's become that because it doesn't have any good games FOR ME!  Then again, if Sony had concentrated from the get-go on games first and all that multimedia crap later, or for pushing yet another proprietary format on the weary public, it might have had some good stuff from the start.

Get up in arms all you like, with or without the drunken Boston drawl.  I've been the first to concede in the past that it has games that appeal to some kind of idiot -- I mean geezus, you're buying them aren't you?

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was just playing around but after reading my post I can see how you wouldn't think that. I think you should take a "chill pill". I just think it is stupid for anybody to say "there are no games I like" b/c there are games for everybody in every genre. I guess the only thing it is seriously lacking is classic 2d platformers. So...if that is the only genre you like then you are SOL I guess.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » January 31st, 2007, 5:27 pm

"Yes I've played COD2.  I had fun initially with the game, but my friends and I grew tired of it pretty quickly.  I don't know what makes it so "untypical" because it didn't feel much different to me.  "

CoD 2 is the biggest breath of fresh air in the FPS genre in a long time.  I hate MoH series and was pretty solidly against WW2 FPS as I found them dull and boring.  Then I played this game and it blew me away.  It is nothing like any other WW2 FPS and is truly reinvigorating.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » February 2nd, 2007, 2:36 pm

[QUOTE=Shawn]Dude, I was just playing around but after reading my post I can see how you wouldn't think that. I think you should take a "chill pill". I just think it is stupid for anybody to say "there are no games I like" b/c there are games for everybody in every genre. I guess the only thing it is seriously lacking is classic 2d platformers. So...if that is the only genre you like then you are SOL I guess.[/QUOTE]

Eh, go stuff it up your bra!  Oh... sorry... just playing.

By the way, this news here will get me playing my PSP again:

http://www.gametab.com/news/803771/

voor

Postby voor » February 2nd, 2007, 4:12 pm

Critic, do you mind telling why the COD2 review took so long to come out.  I'm not complaining, just you mentioned playing this almost a year ago (when the 360 came out) and it seemed out that it took so long.

Gears took about 2 months...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2007, 4:25 pm

[QUOTE=voor]

Critic, do you mind telling why the COD2 review took so long to come out.  I'm not complaining, just you mentioned playing this almost a year ago (when the 360 came out) and it seemed out that it took so long.

Gears took about 2 months...

[/QUOTE]

It's cause I consider it to be primarily a "winter" game and I like to play games that match the seasons.  Similarly, a long-delayed review of Amped 3 is forthcoming.

Crevalle

Postby Crevalle » February 3rd, 2007, 10:33 pm

In the FAQs, the Critic says he likes to disagree with major reviewers. I just think that it's a little too blatant in assigning R:FoM and GoW the same grade. No one, and I mean [B]no one[/B], thinks they are at the same level. It's preposterous. Actually, I take that back. Come to think of it, Playstation Magazine said the R:FoM was a GoW killer. I stand corrected.

And yes, I have both games.

I also don't understand how the multiplayer component of modern day games can be completely ignored in a review. This is where GoW really shines.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter how a game is reviewed--if you like it, you like it. If you hate it, you hate it. Doesn't change anything. Just fun discourse I guess.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » February 3rd, 2007, 10:39 pm

[QUOTE=Crevalle]In the FAQs, the Critic says he likes to disagree with major reviewers. I just think that it's a little too blatant in assigning R:FoM and GoW the same grade. No one, and I mean [B]no one[/B], thinks they are at the same level. It's preposterous. Actually, I take that back. Come to think of it, Playstation Magazine said the R:FoM was a GoW killer. I stand corrected.[/QUOTE]

Uhm... he didn't assign them the same grade.  He gave the former an A- and the latter an A.

Additionally, he specifically states that the former is lesser than the latter in his review of the former:

Resistance is a terrific game that I can play hours on end. It's a shame it was released at the same time as Gears of War (Xbox 360), which has an edge in terms of both graphics and gameplay.

Return to “Review Feedback”