2/7/2007: Colecovision: James Bond 007, Mouse Trap, Super Cobra

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 25th, 2007, 10:55 pm

[QUOTE=dfo]I'm a big fan of the site but I was disapointed to see you use the word "homo" in your review of this game.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't use the word in a mean-spirited way, and I thought it sounded better than any of the alternatives.  Please don't take it personally.  It's all in good fun.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 26th, 2007, 2:32 am

I know you are not Homophobic as some think, VGC, but in the future you might want to use the word 'gay" instead of "homo".
First, I have known non-straight people (mostly women) and while they accept the term Gay with no problem, they do NOT like being called homos... it's a shortened slur like "Jap" or "Pollock".

Also, from a purely LOGICAL point of view we are ALL "Homos"...
Homo Sapiens!

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » February 26th, 2007, 9:31 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]I know you are not Homophobic as some think, VGC, but in the future you might want to use the word 'gay" instead of "homo".
First, I have known non-straight people (mostly women) and while they accept the term Gay with no problem, they do NOT like being called homos... it's a shortened slur like "Jap" or "Pollock".

Also, from a purely LOGICAL point of view we are ALL "Homos"...
Homo Sapiens![/QUOTE]

I reread VGC's review of James Bond 007, and I substituted 'gay' instead of 'homo'; it just didn't sound right.  I think from a literary standpoint, 'homo' was the correct choice.  'Fruitcake' would have worked too, but not 'gay'. 

And "GayJapPollock" just didn't cut it either.

ColecoFan

Postby ColecoFan » March 7th, 2007, 2:54 am

Like others in this thread, I like the site.  But no need to use the word "homo" in the 007 review. 

Grow up.  If you want your site to be visitor-friendly, avoid slurs like that.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out how it is offensive even though you apparently like the word as an insult.

Return to “Review Feedback”