3/4/2007: Turbografx-16: Ballistix, Godzilla (CD), Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 4th, 2007, 10:26 am

Let's hear what you have to say about these three new Turbografx reviews.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 5th, 2007, 9:51 am

Thanks again for some excellent T-16 reviews.

In Ballistics at the bottom of the review you say "game may its driving..." I'm guessing you meant "game may be its driving..."

Keep 'em coming! 

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 5th, 2007, 10:02 am

I think Turbo Grafx 16 reviews are my favorite.  Its the one system I've always wanted to get, but for one reason or another I never track one down.  Thanks to the Virtual Console I have been enjoying my first ever taste of Turbo Grafx 16!

Luckily I won't have to wait long for the one game I wanted to buy a TG16 for...Splatterhouse!  Its coming out this month for the Virtual Console and I can't wait.

Keep up the top notch work Critic.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » March 5th, 2007, 10:12 am

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]
Luckily I won't have to wait long for the one game I wanted to buy a TG16 for...Splatterhouse!  Its coming out this month for the Virtual Console and I can't wait.
[/QUOTE]

Really? That's awesome.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 5th, 2007, 10:20 am

http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html

Yea, the Virtual Console is getting Splatterhouse and Double Dungeons this month.  I almost play the Virtual Console games more than regular Wii games.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 5th, 2007, 4:45 pm

JLH.........

I was lucky enough to get my TG-16 system about 4 months ago. Like you, I wanted one for years, but it took alot of time and alot of luck to finally score one.

For what it's worth, these are my favorite TG-16 games in my collection, if they become available on Wii,  please strongly consider them.............

Legendary Axe 2.........this one is a shocker, because I own the first game and it's pretty crappy. This is an excellent Rastan clone.

Ninja Spirit.........50% Contra + 50% Legend Of Kage =100% kick-ass

Devil's Crush............the best pinball game ever

Bonk's Revenge...............far far superior to the first Bonk game. I can't even play the first Bonk game, this one is worlds-ahead of it.

My Wii isn't online, so if these game are already available and you have them already, just call me numbnutz

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 5th, 2007, 4:51 pm

I should also mention..........

Splatterhouse is shockingly easy and short. We're talking Altered Beast easy&short!!

I paid good money for Splatterhouse and beat it less then 30 mins. People are better off  paying about $8 for the Virtual Console version, vs the actual turbochip.

When you get Splatterhouse, don't walk in with big expectations. It's simply "Kung Fu" in  halloween costumes, and it's over(beaten) before you know it.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » March 5th, 2007, 6:13 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron]My Wii isn't online, so if these game are already available and you have them already, just call me numbnutz [/QUOTE]

Alien Crush is there, if that's a decent stand-in for Devil Crush.

And yeah, only TG-16 game I have so far is R-Type, which is incredibly awesome. Not really good at it, though, made it to the fourth boss once.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 6th, 2007, 5:38 am

...if you want SPLATTERHOUSE, i believe S2 for the GENESIS is easier and cheaper to find then the TG-16 version and is quite decent. I found it at a second hand store for $4!

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 6th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Devil's Crush is far advanced compared to Alien Crush. Alien Crush is decent, but it's no replacement for Devil's Crush. To make a long story short, Devil's Crush simply has alot more to it, as in more challenges and more screens.

Splatterhouse 2........from my understanding, this is the weakest of the 3 games. It suffers from poorest play-control, being the main complaint. I want to track this one down, as I own the other 2 games. But this is widely considered the black-sheep of the series.

Return to “Review Feedback”