3/13/2007: Sega 32X: Afterburner, Knuckles Chaotix, Shadow Squadron

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
BlasteroidAli

Re: 3/13/2007: Sega 32X: Afterburner, Knuckles Chaotix, Shadow Squadron

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 4th, 2016, 8:38 am

Good comment Sut. I never had a 32 x. In the UK they hardly released anything for it. The result was that it sank without a trace. I remember upgrading from the mega drive aka genesis to the SNES. I gave the mega drive to my best pal and I sold my snes and games to get the atari jaguar. In retrospect not my best decision.

Sut

Re: 3/13/2007: Sega 32X: Afterburner, Knuckles Chaotix, Shadow Squadron

Postby Sut » September 25th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Chaotix continues to grow on me, probably the definition of a slow burner. The controls whilst at times still frustrate, you become more in tune with them which results in pulling off some interesting moves.
The big thing that has pulled me back in though is trying to complete the game with all six chaos rings. Whilst the main levels are still easy, the chaos ring levels are immensely challenging.
These are 3D levels not unlike the endless runners seen today on mobile, but you need to use full screen rotation to go the right path. Imagine a hybrid of the Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 chaos stages with Sonic Dash thrown in. Yeah it can get a little choppy but it has that one more go feel and thankfully the game has a save feature.

Return to “Review Feedback”