3/27/2007: GameCube: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pac-Man Fever, Sonic Gems Collection

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

3/27/2007: GameCube: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pac-Man Fever, Sonic Gems Collection

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 27th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Here they are - another crop of Grade A reviews from yours truly.  Let me know what you think.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 27th, 2007, 10:15 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Here they are - another crop of Grade A reviews from yours truly.  Let me know what you think.[/QUOTE]

I am so glad you recognized the greatness of Twilight Princess.  It is the perfect game to end the Gamecube era and begin that of the Wii.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » March 27th, 2007, 11:00 pm

Yes, I agree completely. I already know that you don't quite think it's the greatest game of all time (at least compared to RE4), but I think it is, and it is easily deserving an A grade.

As to its length, I sort of think that, sometimes, a little self indulgence is deserved when something achieves such a high artistic standard. That's why I didn't mind it when Peter Jackson had that c r a z y long ending to Return of the King.

-Rob

Varian

Postby Varian » March 29th, 2007, 10:07 pm

This is why I like the Critic's reviews. He is complaining about the length of Twilight Princess, and I agree. It is not much of a fault, however. It is that games are getting too long sometimes. I prefer simpler action that is hard to master (like old school arcade games).

The professional reviewers thought Twilight Princess was 'too short' (!). "Oh no! I beat this game in 50 hours!" I guess they were expecting a 200 hour game!!!

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » March 29th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Hey critic, Great reviews.  And what you wrote about Zelda, "The weak spot of the first boss is his ass for Pete's sake (Hell - that's pretty much worth an "A" right there)" is pure hilarity.  That is something we would never see at ign.com and why serious gamers come to your site.  Keep up the great reviews.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » March 30th, 2007, 12:12 am

Well, Dave, I had no interest in TP until that review. You speak to me man, you speak to me! I guess I'll give it a whirl

FUNK

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » March 30th, 2007, 1:03 am

I agree about some of the length issues, maybe not in Zelda so much (every microsecond of that game is worth it, to be sure), but in everything else. Most games don't warrant the length.

I was glad that Gears of War kept things reasonable.

20-30 hours is more than enough for most games to tell a semi-entertaining yard and give us some interesting gameplay. Rare is the game that can deliver on either count after that.

As much as I liked the latest Mario RPG game for the DS, it easily had 5 hours that were, frankly, not necessary. The ending was ridiculously overdone.

-Rob

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » March 30th, 2007, 5:12 am

I thought Twilight Princess was amazing, but I really was getting a bit anxious to finish it as I neared the end.  This is why I think I must have actually enjoyed Wind Waker a teeny bit more.  I seriously wanted to draw it out and avoid finishing it so I could keep enjoying it forever.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » March 30th, 2007, 5:15 am

Actually my biggest complaint, come to think of it,  was the last castle.  I thought it was TOTALLY underwhelming and  bland compared to what I expected in a game like this.  I really expected to be blown away.  But aside from a few nice battles, it was WAAAAY too straight forward and uninspired.

john-boy

Postby john-boy » March 30th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Agree about the last castle being a bland. Similar to Ocarina in that respect.

I think the best should have been left to last, but the better dungeons came early on (Forest and Mines)

Return to “Review Feedback”