4/29/2007: Nintendo DS: Diddy Kong Racing DS

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 29th, 2007, 10:27 am

So what do you think about this game and/or the review?

Michael D

Postby Michael D » April 29th, 2007, 11:44 am

About the game, it was awesome on N64, not quite as good on DS.  The touch screen race starting stuff was stupid and didn't seem to respond that well, the controls seemed a bit stiffer than the N64 game, and the newly recorded voiceovers are horrible (why didn't they stick with the original ones?).

As far as the review, pretty good, but did the flaws I mentioned bother you?  Also, how is the online play on this one? 

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » April 29th, 2007, 2:05 pm

I played this in the store and liked it so much I was thinking of buying it....but the touch controls turned me off,dude!

The DS has TOO MUCH TOUCHING! Just because a system HAS a control doesn't mean you HAVE to use it! What's next, Touch PONG? Touch PAC MAN? Touch Super Mario!?

Keep your @#$%! stylus off my racers, Nintendo!
THERE IS NO POINT!

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » April 30th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Critic, one review twice in a row??? you're killin' me.

a1

Postby a1 » May 1st, 2007, 1:27 am

Ehh. I'd give it a C tops, and I really liked the 64 version. Maybe I was just turned off by the first touch boss challenge. Did you ever try that critic? You steer your car using the touch screen; it was probably the most frustrating and most poorly designed part of any video game I've ever played.

In fact, I really didn't find any of the touch elements added anything. The balloon challenge was fun, but I really don't feel like pulling out the stylus to get a boost start. Plus, I hate how you couldn't do battle on 1-player. After Mario Kart DS gave me so much depth to single player I just couldn't believe that it would have multiplayer exclusive levels.

Return to “Review Feedback”