5/4/2007: Wii: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Play, Wii Sports

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 4th, 2007, 3:36 pm

This is my first set of Wii reviews, but there are many more in the pipeline.  I had my RPG critic review the Wii Zelda because he finished it, and I'm still trying to finish the Gamecube version!

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » May 4th, 2007, 4:05 pm

I agree with the reviews 100%. Okay, maybe 99%. I personally give Twilight Princess an A+. Like any game, it is not perfect. But it is such a strong title, that it transcends that, to my own personal opinion. Not that there is too much of a difference between an A or A+ anyway.

It was refreshing to see that you didn't jump on the "boxing sucks!" bandwagon. It takes a mite more patience than the other games, but delivers fun action in spades.

-Rob

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » May 4th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Really loved the Wii Sports review Critic. I'm still on the hunt for a Wii. But I have patience.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » May 4th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Yeah, Shawn is right... you are Wii CRRRRAAAAZZZZYY

Pretty good reviews, tho
Funkmaster V

Edward M

Postby Edward M » May 4th, 2007, 4:52 pm

And I strongly disagree with the reviews the critic did.   I just don't like Wii Sports at all.   I much prefer Table Tennis ( A game Dave hated) to the tennis game in this.  I don't like how you can't control your player, and I hate that your motions you make aren't the motions that your player make.  It seems like there are four or five set motions, and depending on which motion you make closest to a set motion, that is the "button" it presses.  So basically they don't take advantage of the pyshics based motion sensitivity, and just use different motions as different buttons. This is a problem in many wii games.  Wii Bowling, is just a bad idea for a game as if I wanted to bowl, id go to a bowling alley.   A controller just can't simulate bowling, and the feel of holding the ball. Wii Baseball suffers from the same problems I mentioned with Wii Tennis.   Wii Boxing just takes too long to knock someone down and I'd rather play Ready to rumble or fight night round 3 over it any day of the week.    Wii Golf is certainly awesome, and is the best game of the bunch.

I feel the Wii billiards and Wii tanks in Wii play are far better than any of the games in the Wii sports collection.   I don't know why everyone likes Wii sports better.

qubit

Postby qubit » May 4th, 2007, 5:39 pm

[QUOTE=Edward M]I don't know why everyone likes Wii sports better.[/QUOTE]

Because it's free!

Edward M

Postby Edward M » May 4th, 2007, 5:50 pm

[QUOTE=qubit]

[QUOTE=Edward M]I don't know why everyone likes Wii sports better.[/QUOTE]

Because it's free!
[/QUOTE]

I don't look at it as being free.  I look at it as being a forced purchase.  I know Nintendo couldn't get away with charging 250 for the Wii if this game wasn't included.   But since this review, I'm opened the game back up, and I'm thinking maybe I have been a little too harsh on it.  I didn't even realise it had training and fitness modes, thanks for pointing it out critic.  And I think maybe tennis isn't as bad as I thought, I'm starting to like it.  And I'm starting to like boxing now that Im figuring out the combos.  Perhaps my first impression was too harsh, but I still like Wii play much better because I love tanks and Billards.

a1

Postby a1 » May 4th, 2007, 5:55 pm

[QUOTE=Edward M] Wii Bowling, is just a bad idea for a game as if I wanted to bowl, id go to a bowling alley.  

[/QUOTE]

You can also buy a gun and kill a man rather than playing Call of Duty, but I find playing the game to be more convenient.

Edward M

Postby Edward M » May 4th, 2007, 6:19 pm

Yeah but Bowling is a sport that all depends on the feel of the ball.   Using your Dpad to select your angle and than using a remote that weighs less than a pound just doesn't doesn't feel like bowling at all.   I just feel that Wii Billards does a much better Job at simulating it's sport.   Pool has a strategic angle to it in angeling your shots and trying to get combos.   Bowling is mostly about the feel of the ball, and a video game just can't simulate it.

video game guy

Postby video game guy » May 4th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Zelda should have got a B+, everyone is a Zelda fanboy these days. Consider it lucky to get an A. A B doesn't mean it's a bad game, but come on... not everything called Zelda is an A+ and definately not this game, previous games... some maybe... Gotta learn to be un-biased there buddy. Don't be like those video game magazines... OMG ZELDA? DA LEET, 10/10 Without even playing it all the way through.

Return to “Review Feedback”