5/12/2007: Wii: Excite Truck, GT Pro Series, Metal Slug Anthology

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 14th, 2007, 2:24 am

[QUOTE=Shawn]

Let me spell it out for you Fever, I enjoyed it a ton for a couple of hours before I got bored with it. Meaning it isn't an "A" title. Do you feel better now?

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, there's the Shawn we're used to.

Does that not sound odd to you Shawn?  You really enjoyed the game and then, after 3 hours, boredom just kicked in?  It seemed weird to me, too... so don't get too testy.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » May 14th, 2007, 7:31 am

[QUOTE=Paul Campbell][QUOTE=Shawn]

Let me spell it out for you Fever, I enjoyed it a ton for a couple of hours before I got bored with it. Meaning it isn't an "A" title. Do you feel better now?

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, there's the Shawn we're used to.

Does that not sound odd to you Shawn?  You really enjoyed the game and then, after 3 hours, boredom just kicked in?  It seemed weird to me, too... so don't get too testy.

[/QUOTE]

Is there something wrong with you people? I didn't play it for 3 hours straight. It was like 15 or 20 mins here there while visiting a bud of mine. After about 4 or 5 visits I was like "sure I"ll check out the Wii but don't bother with Excite truck".  Do I have to spell it out for you? Maybe it wasn't 3 or 4 hours; maybe it was two. Who cares! Is that good enough for you guys or should I us CAPS? Don't even get me started on the most overrated game of all time....ZELDA!

Steerforth

Postby Steerforth » May 14th, 2007, 8:11 am

On the other hand, Paul, you haunt him like a ghost. He's entitled to his opinion, that was this board is for.

I am not a fan of racing games, but I put Excite truck in with Mariokart and Gran Turismo as racing games I have enjoyed quite a lot. I think it deserves an "A", you could knock of for the music and no AI oponents in multiplayer, but if that did not take away the fun you had with the game, then why?

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » May 14th, 2007, 8:33 am

[QUOTE=Shawn] Don't even get me started on the most overrated game of all time....ZELDA!
[/QUOTE]

Probably a solid idea, seeing that you'd be totally and utterly incorrect in that assessment. 

-Rob

The RPG Critic

Postby The RPG Critic » May 14th, 2007, 10:49 am

[QUOTE=andrew]Its more powerful than the gamecube right? Than how come all the Wii titles look like average Gamecube titles.[/QUOTE]

According to official Nintendo specs, the Wii has approximately 2.5 to 2.75 the graphics hardware capabilities an the Gamecube.

It's my guess that we'll see how Nintendo does with Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers to evaluate what the hardware should be able to do; third parties have not had much time to get to know the hardware.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 14th, 2007, 11:03 am

In reference to Shawn...

The man is entitled to have an opinion.  I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said about Exicte Truck.  He wasn't the only person to say it wasn't an A game.  I've never played it so I can't comment, but he has and that means he gets to voice an opinion in my book.

Also if Shawn is talking about Twilight Princess being overrated I would agree with him.  I thought Gears of War was overrated and I also think Twilight Princess is overrated.  They are both great games, but I would never personally put them on greatest of all time lists.  Both have flaws, but are still better than most games that come out.  I think Twilight Princess hovers on the B+ to A- level.  Its easily one of my least favorite in the entire franchise.  I intially loved it, but after while it fell out of my good graces.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 14th, 2007, 11:06 am

[QUOTE=Steerforth]On the other hand, Paul, you haunt him like a ghost. He's entitled to his opinion, that was this board is for.
[/QUOTE]

I'm like his Patrick Swayze..... except of course for the whole pottery scene.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » May 14th, 2007, 11:12 am

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]In reference to Shawn...

The man is entitled to have an opinion.  I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said about Exicte Truck.  He wasn't the only person to say it wasn't an A game.  I've never played it so I can't comment, but he has and that means he gets to voice an opinion in my book.

Also if Shawn is talking about Twilight Princess being overrated I would agree with him.  I thought Gears of War was overrated and I also think Twilight Princess is overrated.  They are both great games, but I would never personally put them on greatest of all time lists.  Both have flaws, but are still better than most games that come out.  I think Twilight Princess hovers on the B+ to A- level.  Its easily one of my least favorite in the entire franchise.  I intially loved it, but after while it fell out of my good graces.
[/QUOTE]

Just so everyone knows, by expressing my disagreement with his opinion, I am not insisting that he is not entitled to it.  What an exciting forum this would be if we weren't allowed to disagree with people's opinions! 

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » May 14th, 2007, 12:13 pm

I have no problem with what Shawn said about the game. To each his own. 

However, I think it is improper use of language to say you enjoy something a ton if in two hours it bores the Hell out of you.  I would never claim I enjoyed Doom 3 a ton just because for two hours the graphics covered up how terribly boring and slow it was.  Similarly I wouldn't say "I enjoyed that peking duck a ton!  I quickly noticed it was undercooked, and then it gave me terrible food poisoning".  I would just say up front that I thought the meal was sub par.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 14th, 2007, 1:13 pm

I think its possible to enjoy a game greatly for a few hours and then have it become boring.  This can be espeically true for arcade type games.  I have played numerous games that started off with a bang and I think its great only to have myself wondering what happened a mere 3 hours later.

It doesn't happen all the time, but its not unheard of.

Return to “Review Feedback”