2600 Super Breakout

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Alienblue

2600 Super Breakout

Postby Alienblue » May 22nd, 2007, 9:26 am

I'm sorry to disagree strongly with you again critic, (as with the F on 7800 Pole Position 2), but SUPER BREAKOUT is the MOST ADDICTIVE WALL BASHING GAME EVER MADE (including Arkanoid and all the clones) and THE BEST PADDLE GAME FOR THE 2600! A C+ ?! This is a straight A game if ever there was one. I agree the original Breakout cart has not aged so well, but SB has tight, smooth graphics, crisp solid colors, EXTREMELEY fascinating sound variations (you can "play tunes" if you know which color bricks will produce a single "doop" or "Doo-doo-doop"!) with so many great modes from light beeping to synth-sound smashes. Best of all, the CONTROLS ARE PERFECT! You complained of this, but I think you need to know: To make it more difficult, the ball angle flattens out after the eighth hit but goes back to normal at the 12th(or if it hits a "fast" colored block); old atari paddle controlers can go bad; if your paddle "shakes" they are not tight. Using TIGHT paddles, you can aim perfectly, which is the strategy; aim to the left or right to breakthru. If the angle is flat, aim from the opposite side. The sounds and fast play are HYPNOTIC! I hooked up a new set of paddles to my Flashback 2.0- I finally got the right code to bring up Super Breakout/Warlords (1972,up1,down9,up7,down2..the joystick must be "tight" too; the stick that came with mine was loose and I had to plug in a Wico) and I have been playing non-stop every day for a month, even ignoring my new Xbox, DS and PS2 games!

I think you should give this another try; perhaps you just don't like paddle games, but it deserves at least a B+.

ajsmart1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby ajsmart1 » May 22nd, 2007, 12:49 pm

I'm with Alienblue. Super breakout is fantastic brick breakin' fun.  I especially like the mode where the bricks start advancing down the screen.  The longer you stay alive the faster they advance.  The action gets going so fast the sound effects just can't keep up.  It's like Ned Flanders on crack.

deedly deedly doop BONG! deedly doo-doop deedly BONG! deedly deep BONG! BONG!

I need to go find a paddle.

JustLikeHeaven1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 22nd, 2007, 3:00 pm

Aren't these complaints supposed to be "The Critic's Lair" or another section of the forums?  I thought the Critic didn't like it when people posted in the Review Feedback section?  Just Curious.

Atarifever1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby Atarifever1 » May 22nd, 2007, 4:35 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]

Aren't these complaints supposed to be "The Critic's Lair" or another section of the forums?  I thought the Critic didn't like it when people posted in the Review Feedback section?  Just Curious.

[/QUOTE]

I thought review feedback went specifically in "review feedback".  I don't know why?

Atarifever1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby Atarifever1 » May 22nd, 2007, 4:37 pm

Agreed 150% with Alienblue on Breakout by the way (also on Pole Position 2).  Even the commercial for that game was great.

JustLikeHeaven1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 22nd, 2007, 4:42 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]

I thought review feedback went specifically in "review feedback".  I don't know why? [/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%...Its just that I remember the Critic being upset when people used to start new threads in the "Review Feedback" section...thats all.  I didn't know if his stance on this changed or something.

gleebergloben1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby gleebergloben1 » May 22nd, 2007, 4:47 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]

[/QUOTE]

as they say on MXC, "right you are ken".  I think readers' comments are to be posted in "Critic's Lair".  Just sayin' is all.

Atarifever1

2600 Super Breakout

Postby Atarifever1 » May 22nd, 2007, 5:34 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]

[QUOTE=Atarifever]

I thought review feedback went specifically in "review feedback".  I don't know why? [/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%...Its just that I remember the Critic being upset when people used to start new threads in the "Review Feedback" section...thats all.  I didn't know if his stance on this changed or something.
[/QUOTE]

I believe it was actually "corrections" that he didn't like being posted here.

Alienblue

2600 Super Breakout

Postby Alienblue » May 23rd, 2007, 4:15 am

I apoligize , Critic, if I posted in the wrong place. You responded to and left up that "7800 review" that was posted, so I figured this was okay...let us know one way or t'other!

Return to “Review Feedback”