Bubble Bobble

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Ruthless

Bubble Bobble

Postby Ruthless » May 22nd, 2007, 10:04 am

A B+ For Bubble Bobble? Are you kidding me? The game easily deserves an A+! Easily one of the best games on NES, no question. And you actually gave BOULDERDASH a higher rating than Bubble Bobble? Mr Game Critic, I think you might be in the wrong business.

Alienblue

Bubble Bobble

Postby Alienblue » May 22nd, 2007, 12:47 pm

After complaining to the VGC in my own thread, I'll have to back him up here. This was a terrific, classic arcade game but the NES version has two problems...as a solo player I'm bummed you can't "really" win alone, but even worse the never-ending looping soundtrack is maddening! I recall playing through this one on MUTE! It still rings in my head "DUM-dahdah,DUM dahdahdah....
MAKE IT STOP! ... The follow up BUST A MOVE was far superior!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Bubble Bobble

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2007, 6:43 pm

[QUOTE=Ruthless] Mr Game Critic, I think you might be in the wrong business.[/QUOTE]

Well that does it then.  I'm officially leaving the video game review business, and will instead be selling used boats.

Alienblue

Bubble Bobble

Postby Alienblue » May 23rd, 2007, 4:19 am

You're selling boats? Ok. Mr.Critic, I live on the coast of Maine and I think I need a new Dinghy. My dinghy here, I haven't used for a long time and the next time I have use for a dinghy lingy thingy I want to be sure it's a good long hard, stable one! A forty footer , at least as big as my old one!

Zenzerotron

Bubble Bobble

Postby Zenzerotron » May 28th, 2007, 2:59 pm

The best version to own is "Bubble Bobble New&Old" for GBA.

It has two seperate modes, "Old" mode being arcade perfect,. and a "New" mode which features the same game, but with a graphical facelift.

What's really great about this version is that there's a battery-save after you complete each screen.

What made the NES game so impossible to finish was the lack of saves/passwords.
BTW Alienblue...........BurgerTime for NES is THE version to own. It's graphics are better then the arcade game, and the gameplay is slightly faster. It's a crying shame you don't own it.

Alienblue

Bubble Bobble

Postby Alienblue » May 29th, 2007, 4:26 am

Zen....first, I don't even own an NES. I have a sega master system, even a vectrex but no NES-as you know I test games and I've NEVER FOUND A TOASTER THAT WORKS, or a top loader at all. It is too bad, cause the store here has hundreds of NES games; still I will always prefer the INTV Burgertime as my "best". The colecovision and coin-op on PSX LOOK better, but I think the INTV has the most enjoyable play. God help the 2600 version!

At long last I get to be smug about my old iMac computer...'cause the BEST version of Bubble Bobble is the Shareware Apple Mac version!...I bet you've never played that, huh, Zen! HA! It came on a disc with Incider many,MANY years ago, I still have it on my hard drive. It looks BETTER than the coin-op!

zenzerotron

Bubble Bobble

Postby zenzerotron » May 29th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Yeah, and there's piles of NES clones out there now, dirt cheap too. So what's your excuse? You won't blow 30 bucks on a Yobo??

A few xmas's ago, I had "Bubble Bobble New&Old" in mind for you. However, it appears to be a rare game. I only saw 4 copies of it at a TRU once, and boy am I glad I bought a copy. Anyway, instead of that game, I sent you "Klax/Marble Madness" instead, *I think*, my memory isn't that great.

Leo Ames

Bubble Bobble

Postby Leo Ames » May 29th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Anyone that can follow instructions can revive just about any NES in a half hour, making the excuse that much more worthless.

Atarifever1

Bubble Bobble

Postby Atarifever1 » May 29th, 2007, 5:59 pm

[QUOTE=Leo Ames]

Anyone that can follow instructions can revive just about any NES in a half hour, making the excuse that much more worthless.

[/QUOTE]

God NES fans are so lame.  Wow, all I have to do is pay money, follow instructions, and install a new component? My other option is to follow instructions, put time into regular mantainance, and store my carts in plastic bags to keep dust off them.  That's so much easier than turning the Master System or 7800 or Atari Jr. or any other system from the same time on and pressing power and having it work 99.999% of the time even if I threw the cart into a sandbox first.  And it certainly helped me and all my friends not have that problem when we were 8, because we had easily available internet fixes back then.  Oh yes, we all jumped on the internet and had our systems working back then.  That whole blowing into the cart thing and having your Maio 3 game end in world 2 because of the system shagging up never, ever, happened. 

It's a pain now, and it was unbearable back then. 

As far as the clones go, I'd like a system that plays my games with the right colours and sounds or I'd rather not play them at all.  It's the same reason I'm an Atari fanatic but don't have the Flashback 1.  Why pay good money for a bad experience?

m0zart1

Bubble Bobble

Postby m0zart1 » May 29th, 2007, 6:13 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]It's a pain now, and it was unbearable back then.[/QUOTE]

Get the top-loading NES.  They are available on eBay and the prices have been reasonable.  Don't get the clones, get the real thing hereOr here.  Or even here.

God you SMS and Atari 7800 fans are so lame!  People preferred the NES, for whatever reason, and thus the SMS and Atari 7800 both failed in most markets.  It happened more than 20 years ago.  You've had plenty of time to get over it already! ~~~

Return to “Review Feedback”