5/22/2007: NES: Baseball Simulator 1.000, Burgertime, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

5/22/2007: NES: Baseball Simulator 1.000, Burgertime, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 22nd, 2007, 8:02 pm

Updates to Burgertime and Dragon Spirit reviews, along with a new baseball title.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » May 22nd, 2007, 8:17 pm

You should review the Baseball Simulator game for the SNES, Critic. It's waaaay better.

-Rob

Quiet Flight

Postby Quiet Flight » May 22nd, 2007, 9:01 pm

D+ on Baseball Simulator? That is easily an B+ game. I can understand where your review is coming from, but it really is a fun game.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » May 23rd, 2007, 4:27 am

Boy, you really poured the hate on the Burgertime buns Mr. Critic! I admit I have not played the NES version (I have the INTV and Colecovision ones, along with th coin-op on Midway Classics), but some of your comments seem just senseless:

"Why couldn't they make a pepper sprite"
Gee, I dunno, maybe DIFFERENT foods to pick up, ala Pac Man, was more interesting than the SAME THING over and over?

"Why Eggs/Hot Dogs? Why not onions and pickles?"
You are supposed to be in a fast food place. They do use EGGS in Eggmcmuffins, hotdogs, and pickles show up later. I think there WAS an onion in SUPER Burgertime, pretty ugly!

"Why are the hotdogs wearing GLASSES?"
They aren't, their eyes are white. It just looks that way. They
had to make the eyes seperate from the body.

Did you get up on the wrong side of bed (I did but then I was having nightmares of Johhny Carson as Big Bluebird!)

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » May 23rd, 2007, 7:28 am

since baseball is in full swing, maybe you should have a baseball spectacular page

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 23rd, 2007, 8:24 am

Critic...how come in your review of Baseball Simulator 1.000 you don't mention all the crazy things that your players can do?  Its kind of a big part of the game.  Your fielder can jump 30 feet in the air to catch a ball or some guys have a special ability that lets them turn into a tornado at the plate.  I think there are only a few teams that have access to these abilities, but playing with those teams are the best part of the game. 

I hope I'm not thinking of another game, because I'm pretty sure it was Baseball Simulator 1.000 that had all that zany stuff in it.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Quiet Flight

Postby Quiet Flight » May 23rd, 2007, 3:32 pm

Yeah there is lots of crazy stuff in it. All the teams in the Power league have pitching and hitting powers. You activate them by pressing up on your controller. You have to use them sparingly though as you don't get an unlimited number.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2007, 5:07 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]Critic...how come in your review of Baseball Simulator 1.000 you don't mention all the crazy things that your players can do?  Its kind of a big part of the game.  Your fielder can jump 30 feet in the air to catch a ball or some guys have a special ability that lets them turn into a tornado at the plate.  I think there are only a few teams that have access to these abilities, but playing with those teams are the best part of the game. 
[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could do so much stuff but I'll go back and investigate and update the review if necessary.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2007, 5:09 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Boy, you really poured the hate on the Burgertime buns Mr. Critic! I admit I have not played the NES version (I have the INTV and Colecovision ones, along with th coin-op on Midway Classics), but some of your comments seem just senseless:

"Why couldn't they make a pepper sprite"
Gee, I dunno, maybe DIFFERENT foods to pick up, ala Pac Man, was more interesting than the SAME THING over and over?

"Why Eggs/Hot Dogs? Why not onions and pickles?"
You are supposed to be in a fast food place. They do use EGGS in Eggmcmuffins, hotdogs, and pickles show up later. I think there WAS an onion in SUPER Burgertime, pretty ugly!

"Why are the hotdogs wearing GLASSES?"
They aren't, their eyes are white. It just looks that way. They
had to make the eyes seperate from the body.

Did you get up on the wrong side of bed (I did but then I was having nightmares of Johhny Carson as Big Bluebird!)[/QUOTE]

You are taking my reviews far too seriously.  Those comments were strictly tongue-in-cheek.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2007, 10:52 pm

I "discovered" the Ultra League in Baseball Simulator 1.000, and I like it a LOT!  I have an updated review to post, but my host's FTP server is currently down.  Stay tuned.

Return to “Review Feedback”