5/30/2007: Playstation: Jet Moto, Jet Moto 2, Jet Moto 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
a1

Postby a1 » June 2nd, 2007, 12:04 am

[QUOTE=Michael D]

[QUOTE=a]When do you need to press an additional button?[/QUOTE]

The L and R buttons were used to help you make sharper turns in Blue Storm, although the N64 game had that function, too.  However, in Blue Storm, unlike Wave Race 64, steering was noticably harder when using the analog stick alone, so using the triggers to turn in the GC game was a necessity. 
[/QUOTE]
Blue Storm was harder to steer, but only because the wave physics were incredible. The only reason it's more difficult than the 64 game is because the technology allowed it to be more realistic. It is harder and has a less arcade-racer-like feel to it, but it is a great game if you give it a little time.

andrew

Postby andrew » June 5th, 2007, 3:14 pm

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

I played all three "Jet Moto" games as rentals because I knew from the moment I saw screenshots that these games would never look/control as good as "Waverace 64."  That Nintendo 64 game truly spoiled me because it was such a tightly-controlled, beautiful game (still is!) that I've had trouble enjoying water-based games on other systems since.  Even the all-mighty "Waverace Blue" sequel on the Gamecube sucks because, while graphically more pleasing, the controls took a page from "Jet Moto's" playbook and forced the player to needlessly press an additional button to steer.  Bad idea!

[/QUOTE]

At school, PSX fanboys tried to tell me how great jet moto was over waverace 64 because your speed didn't decrease going over mediums other than water. What a stupid reason!!!

Return to “Review Feedback”