5/30/2007: Playstation: Jet Moto, Jet Moto 2, Jet Moto 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 30th, 2007, 10:17 pm

New reviews for your edification!  The first Jet Moto review has been fleshed out, and reviews for its sequels have been added.  Looking forward to reading your feedback.

a1

Postby a1 » May 30th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Huh, I remember not liking Jet Moto 2, but I loved Jet Moto 3. It probably didn't age too well. If I find it cheap I'll try it out again and see if I agree with the D+.

riftt

Postby riftt » May 31st, 2007, 1:32 pm

I played jet moto 2 for soooo long when it came out, desperately trying to convince myself it was good. 

The game is so freaking annoying, regardless if you still finish top three.  Can anyone honestly say they could stay on the track on the rollercoaster stage through the entire race?

I disagree with one thing though, analogue control helped out ALOT in jet moto 2, making the heavier (and faster) bikes much more playable.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » May 31st, 2007, 1:48 pm

These games were so bad back in the day.  I remember my friend trying his hardest to convince me Jet Moto 1 was good.  You couldn't pay me to play through these games again.  I never even knew they made a third game...did people actually buy this crap?

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » May 31st, 2007, 5:06 pm

I played all three "Jet Moto" games as rentals because I knew from the moment I saw screenshots that these games would never look/control as good as "Waverace 64."  That Nintendo 64 game truly spoiled me because it was such a tightly-controlled, beautiful game (still is!) that I've had trouble enjoying water-based games on other systems since.  Even the all-mighty "Waverace Blue" sequel on the Gamecube sucks because, while graphically more pleasing, the controls took a page from "Jet Moto's" playbook and forced the player to needlessly press an additional button to steer.  Bad idea!

Norkusa

Postby Norkusa » May 31st, 2007, 9:41 pm

Critic, I agree with your reviews 99% of the time but your reviews of the Jet Moto games are totally off, especially JM2. Although I agree with a few of your points you made about JM2 (save system is messed up and the graphics do kinda suck), the game is an absolute dream to play with the Dualshock, especially on the wide open tracks like Mach Schnell and Slickrock Gorge. The trick is balancing out your ride with the L2/R2 buttons so you don't roll over and wipe out every 10 seconds. Once you get the hang of that (and the grapple too), the games are really fun to play.

If JM2 was too easy, why not go into the options and pick one of the 3 higher difficulty settings that are available? Or maybe turn the handicap option off? I agree the Novice difficulty is WAAAAAY too easy, but taking points off for something that can be easily adjusted seems ridiculous.

Sorry if I sound like a crazy JM fanboy, but it just sounds like you didn't put much time into the games before writing the reviews.

Michael D

Postby Michael D » May 31st, 2007, 10:08 pm

I picked up the original on clearance recently and although I only played it for a short time, it seemed quite primative and hasn't aged as well as Wave Race 64.  And whose bright idea was it for that weird grapple cornering thing?

a1

Postby a1 » June 1st, 2007, 2:22 am

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

Even the all-mighty "Waverace Blue" sequel on the Gamecube sucks because, while graphically more pleasing, the controls took a page from "Jet Moto's" playbook and forced the player to needlessly press an additional button to steer.  Bad idea!

[/QUOTE]

When do you need to press an additional button?

Michael D

Postby Michael D » June 1st, 2007, 1:37 pm

[QUOTE=a]When do you need to press an additional button?[/QUOTE]

The L and R buttons were used to help you make sharper turns in Blue Storm, although the N64 game had that function, too.  However, in Blue Storm, unlike Wave Race 64, steering was noticably harder when using the analog stick alone, so using the triggers to turn in the GC game was a necessity. 

Austin

Postby Austin » June 1st, 2007, 6:21 pm

Good job with these 3. Thanks for finally setting the record strait on these highly over rated games

Return to “Review Feedback”